How do I get Airtel to upgrade our locality from ADSL to Fibre?

• Thread starter Thread starter retionac
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 13
  • Views Views 2,070
Fiber migration is possible only if the local switch (the thing referred to as Remote switching unit in the email) has been upgraded to plug into their IMS core network. Most likely it’ll take years. You can in the meantime downgrade the old VDSL to a landline only plan and take a new Fiber connection.

So what do I do now? Wait for Jio demo - or - try to apply for new connection with AirTel?

Get a new connection and convert existing connection to landline-only. That would be the path of least resistance.

Hi all - an update:

So I went forward with a new airtel fiber connection under new registered mobile number

Applied for new connection on 1.07.21 and paid 6 month advance for 499 plan (which avails free installation) which came upto Rs.3532 after GST

Install team contacted me today morning (04.07.21) and the installation was completed by around 5 P.M.

I asked install team to remove the ADSL wiring from interior of my house - they obliged and used the old ADSL wiring path to bring the new fiber cable into my house.

Router received was Sercomm AOT-4221SR - it came pre-configured with my account details and link was up as soon as they connected the cables and powered on the modem

so here are some speed test screen shots

Capture.jpg

Capture-2.jpg

So the speeds are closer to 50 Mbps than 40 Mbps - I'm happy. Also first time I'm seeing such upload speeds - earlier ADSL upload speeds were pathetic lol

Sent disconnection e-mail for ADSL ID to 121 today itself after clearing latest bill

Meanwhile, I have to figure out how to put this airtel modem to bridge mode so that I can use my Archer C6 - any pointers?

Thank you for all your inputs so far.

Best Regards

Back