How is your ISP doing with increased traffic due to the COVID-19?

• Thread starter Thread starter JB701
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 616
  • Views Views 51,106
Ok guys, so You BB seems to have fixed something..or may be Airtel their backbone provider did and their ping times are down to the 4-6 ms range that is now normal. No packet drops either. However my Airtel BB connection is still stuttering. Tata Sky is also back to normal ping times like YBB

@romil123 what's the significance of noon? I think people are already wide awake and hitting the 'net with their streaming etc. So far so good.

I expect load will increase around evening to night time when people watch movies with a few pegs/pints to keep em calm. :)

Ping times to Google DNS at 10:25 am:

YBB - 4.4 ms
Airtel VDSL - 40.3 ms (problem here because normally it is about 25 to 30 ms)
TSBB - 6.5 ms

PS - my project during this lock-in period? I successfully resurrected my Linksys EA6900 from the dead. It was bricked due to a bad CFE (AKA bootloader) caused by a firmware upgrade gone wrong. ✌ It runs Xvortex, a branch of Merlin's Asus firmware with all the proprietary features stripped out, instead of the crap Linksys factory firmware.

PPS - no packet losses on YBB or any of the WANs. Fingers crossed 🤞

Last edited:
How come Airtel has that much capacity especially with new entrants like jio with its massive capacity is also facing issues?
Airtel got own submarine cable n landing station. Plus big corporate customers capacity(not in use currently). Plus experience. Plus lot of spare capacity they built using those high broadband tariff days.
Plus no stupid agenda like jio.

Airtel 4G speed. I am surprised

Screenshot_20200322-121112.webp

Back