How is your ISP doing with increased traffic due to the COVID-19?

• Thread starter Thread starter JB701
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 616
  • Views Views 51,102
But I get pathetic speeds from DO, else DO was the obvious choice. Are you able to download their speedtest files at full speed during the day? Or is the performance better to a VM than their speed test files? 🤔
I have noticed a strange thing. When we spin off a new VPS at DO Bangalore we get an IP from 159.59.* range. Route to that IP through BSNL is terrible in my case. What I did was to add a wireguard interface to my old mail server with 139.59.* IP. And to that IP I get full speed all the time. Youtube 1080p wasn't even playing directly, but able to play 4k through VPN. I even get 25-30ms latency to Bangalore servers and 50-60ms to SG also able to max out file downloads from all the DO servers worldwide.

GCP doesn't support IPv6, so I've been trying to take advantage of the IPv6 speeds by having a wireguard tunnel over IPv6 but route IPv4 through it. ;) AWS Mumbai has IPv6 so was trying wireguard over it.
Why am I paying for 100Mbps :rolleyes: :oops:

At those speeds, all 4 cores on the Mi Router 3G is maxed out. 😁
4 cores? dual core alle?
oooo..Hyper Threading

There is some serious issues going on between DO, Cloudflare in India DC.
Have seen this issue on multiple droplets.
Also the routing from BSNL to DO is horrible nowadays. Ping/latency is over 400ms and normally over 150ms whereas it used to be 45-50ms earlier.

I have noticed a strange thing. When we spin off a new VPS at DO Bangalore we get an IP from 159.59.* range. Route to that IP through BSNL is terrible in my case. What I did was to add a wireguard interface to my old mail server with 139.59.* IP. And to that IP I get full speed all the time. Youtube 1080p wasn't even playing directly, but able to play 4k through VPN. I even get 25-30ms latency to Bangalore servers and 50-60ms to SG also able to max out file downloads from all the DO servers worldwide.

Why am I paying for 100Mbps :rolleyes: :oops:

4 cores? dual core alle?
oooo..Hyper Threading

Interesting. Their speed test servers are also on that 139 series. I'll launch a VM and give it a go.

🤪

Well, htop showed 4 cores all red when I do a speed test. Yep, appears to be multi threaded.

So I just now called Pune NIB of BSNL FTTH and the guy told me they have restricted all users' speeds to 20 mbps for at least a few more days.

hope they revert this month fup to the month

Recently tried downloading a file from LWS SERVEr, speed quickly capped at 30 Mbps and was stable at 22-25 Mbps

btw those with leased line, how is life going out for you?

and some guys were able to bypass restruiction with VPNs?

I know about the upto clause for residential users but are ISP are allowed to cap speed on their whim against the advertised speeds?
^I hope the legal word play of mine has some stance
do we have any data aboput bandwidth reserved for leased lines?

Back