How is your ISP doing with increased traffic due to the COVID-19?

• Thread starter Thread starter JB701
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 616
  • Views Views 51,117
Airtel employees are like sir, Your asianet 200mbps is bad they wont give proper speed take airtel 16mpbs, i use 16mbps at home sir,16 mbps is actually enough for your home sir,Please take the connection sir, i was like what ?

@Dark_Nate I have. And it makes no sense. Airtel doesn’t even go down for 30 mins every 365 days. That is way better than 99.95% SLA.

If a leased line could improve the below, that would be a big USP:

1. Full speed to every single server in any part of the world. Not just to local servers.

2. Way better ping and jitter.

3. Better VOIP, browsing speed, etc.

I can vouch for point 1. Leased line can help you in achieving that. With a single connection I was getting 40-50 MBps on a Gig leased line. If I use an SSD and multiple connections I was able to push close to 115-120 MBps on almost every US/Europe file download (not on speedtest.net as they are not mostly accurate).
The above speedtest were done using speedtest files that many ISP host on their network

As far as point 2 goes pings are consistent (not better but solid AF).

There are other benefits of leased line/getting into commerical relations with an ISP but none of them are useful for home use

Edit: No FUP whatsoever on leased lines. I am still shocked to know that you have not yet surpassed the 3.3 Tb limit on airtel 1Gbps plan.

That is something that may be useful to some. But I wouldn’t pay a 100x premium for it. If that’s truly the case, I would pay maybe 4K for a 200 Mbps leased line. But that’s about it. Wouldn’t pay 50L a year for it.

Reactions: a.c
Since today (25-03-2020) morning it is observed that BSNL has problem loading some websites (including twitter). After switching to Jio twitter loaded.

Anybody else facing the same problem?

@aakshey Tell Airtel FTTH to come to Shillong, I'll gladly be their first customer 😂
They dont expand their services easily. They are looking at metropoltian areas only for their services i think. Also now their backhaul capacity is very large as compared to their user base thats why everyone of their customers getting best speeds.

@aakshey you started a thread prev of why everyone here says airtel is better than jio? Then they rectified ur problem & u endlessly started praising them even more than us.

In many comparison you talk about jitters.... what you need lower jitter for?

Then you started talking about why a fellow living in village ... asking about why even live in village?!

Now you started comparison with leased line. Without knowing about what purpose lease line solves!?

How old are you ?
What you do?
Curious coz all I can guess is kiddo who has newly laid hands to airtel gigabit internet.

Last edited:

Back