How is your ISP doing with increased traffic due to the COVID-19?

• Thread starter Thread starter JB701
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 616
  • Views Views 51,106
Jio 4G I never seen this much slow down after new site. Browsing is damn slow looks like core network is choked up

tmp-cam-3361888669364188231.webp

@vishal_k I get similar speeds in the evening thru the night

Speedtest.net shows different speeds than actual speed. I am getting 10mbps speed for my 20mbps connection but takes about a couple of minutes to just load websites. Even before lockdown browsing speed of Kerala vision is too slow than bsnl dsl connection, so it is understandable. But what I don't understand is that ISPs are providing speed hike to encourage work from home while Kerala vision can't even cope up with it's already allotted data speed. I am now downloading a 13.8MB file and its showing 13 more minutes to complete the download on a 20mbps connection.
Kerala Vision throttles my speed to 10mbps which means I am not getting my actual speed at 3AM night, while for other ISPs speed is slow at peek hours only. It's better to upgrade to other services I think.

So airtel 4g doing 350kbps in Chennai.. It was fine in first week of lockdown but I didn't check the stats though. Vodafone often down. Wonder if theres backend issues or something intentional. Is ACT and Airtel BB working fine?

Back