How to apply for a Credit Card?

• Thread starter Thread starter audioslave
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 57
  • Views Views 6,347
^ That's true. However, the bank charges a small fixed fee from the POS merchants for their machines, apart from taking away that 2% of the transaction charge - varies based on the merchant. This can be a pain for small merchants hence the 2% surcharge

I was planning to get a Card basically to shop online and on Android Market but am plain lazy...and I am sorta getting back to being a pirate :(

I got a card becoz a guy who was setting my 1st salary a/c begged me to get one and cancel later..... i have used it once when an aunt requested me to male an urgent payment to a service which accepted only credit cards and i could not refuse her for obvious reasons

learn from my experience. do not fall for a trap. i took two ulip policies similarly and both have been loss making ventures for me.do not feel pressured by your account manager to take credit cards or bonds or policies even though you know that they are getting a good commission on them. they do of course. but the promises they make usually never turn out to be true. :) and they would change their own job in a second the moment a better offer comes. and you would be stuck with a stupid ass policy or a card to deal with.

and yup even i am considering using it for apps in future...

Take a credit card where you can link with your SB account.Always use a standing instruction to pay off minimum amount due.Use debit card for most of the purpose and credit card only when you need credit or where debit cards are not accepted (Don't fall for moey back or other schemes)Never show interest to take insurance policies or other stuff when marketing people call you. Some people directly charge them to your credit card (I don't know how they do it. It happened to my friend)

Take a credit card where you can link with your SB account.
Always use a standing instruction to pay off minimum amount due.

Both these points are ABSOLUTELY NO NOs. It is calling for disaster. Imagine a fradulent charge on your account, and that getting debited from your savings account. Horrendous

I have applied for an HSBC Card a week back and i have gone thru quite a few levels of their verifications.....i m now waiting to get the card. And about the scheme i have got: No joining fees, lifetime free, and something around 1 to 2% cash back under different scenarios.I guess thats decent enuf.Audioslave....5% cashback is mostly on cards with charges or if its a free card, then they make it available at few select retail chain stores only.Thats what i have seen till now in the last few weeks when i was running around to get a card.

Back