How to change MTNL Broadband Plan?

• Thread starter Thread starter akash
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 298
  • Views Views 116,607
Thought there'd be some use hasing them. I have given up totally on them. The exchange is quite close to my house and these are the speeds I'm getting on the *752 kbps* plan. Anyone here can post the speedtest results from the 1 Mbps plan along with ADSL up/downstream values?

speed you are getting is quite less and thus you must write email for same to your area manager first, even if nothing happens then write email to GM and do mention that you have registered too many complaints and list them if possible. This is how I got my net running properly

@logiccoolHow did you find contacts of the area manager? After some googling around I found 4-5 email address and shot out an email, but all except one email ID bounced back. When I do call them, they say "TRAI definition is 80% and you are getting 80% of the speed", but obviously that is not what I'm paying for.Could you point me to how to obtain the email addresses, will help everyone on this thread. Thank you very much for your reply.One more thing, are/were you also on the 752 kbps? If you changed, was it the speed that made you do so?

@logiccool
How did you find contacts of the area manager? After some googling around I found 4-5 email address and shot out an email, but all except one email ID bounced back. When I do call them, they say "TRAI definition is 80% and you are getting 80% of the speed", but obviously that is not what I'm paying for.

Could you point me to how to obtain the email addresses, will help everyone on this thread. Thank you very much for your reply.

One more thing, are/were you also on the 752 kbps? If you changed, was it the speed that made you do so?
for MTNL Mumbai I have no idea from where you can get list of area manager and GM . and Mtnl delhi doesn't have any 752kbps plan available and I am using their 1 mbps unlimited plan currently and speed i usually get is around 0.875 mbps which I know is not good enough but My home is about 3.5Kms away from exchange and I have no alternative for MTNL so I am sticking to it.

@logiccool
How did you find contacts of the area manager? After some googling around I found 4-5 email address and shot out an email, but all except one email ID bounced back. When I do call them, they say "TRAI definition is 80% and you are getting 80% of the speed", but obviously that is not what I'm paying for.

Could you point me to how to obtain the email addresses, will help everyone on this thread. Thank you very much for your reply.

One more thing, are/were you also on the 752 kbps? If you changed, was it the speed that made you do so?

The numbers can be found on the MTNL Mumbai website in 'About Us' -> 'Organisational Setup' You will also find it in the wiki of this forum & also on another recent thread in this forum :)

Thanks @Socrates. I have found a few email address which looks about right, and shot out a second mail today escalating the matter. Hoping that this will set things straight now.

i already send mail but no reply yet. mtnl suck some ppl get 2mbps on 395 plan and some not get speed that what they pay for

i already send mail but no reply yet. mtnl suck some ppl get 2mbps on 395 plan and some not get speed that what they pay for

Who did you send your email to? If it's to helpdesk it might not help (The reason can be found in another thread). Most times they will not reply, but usually they will ring up to enquire about what the problem is, this is a MTNL quirk :D but they should get on the job if you write to the GM/DGM (Broadband) & above.

I know you were asking @ankit360, but I sent my mails togme2mbi,gme1mbi,gmcmbi,dgma1,dgmmkd,edmbi,dgmscce1,agmoppghq,agmope1All the above funny words followed by @ mtnl dot net dot inNo reply as yet. Will update as and when I get a reply.

Where are you staying? If you are in the western suburbs, I have found the top brass is in the Goregaon exchange for western suburbs. I think it is the DGM broadband. Look it up and contact that number. You should get some action.

Staying in the central suburbs. I did get a reply from dgmscce1 with his number. He's been trying to explain me the TRAI guideline of 80% of what is promised should be delivered. I don't buy that n0nsense, because in the past, this same router/node has been supplied with 1.5+ Mbps, so therefore it is just a matter of tweaking the numbers to deliver the promised 752 kbps. I have written back, will update here when some action is taken.

Back