How To Disable "Always On" in wa3002g4 - Please Help

• Thread starter Thread starter emmarbee
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 15
  • Views Views 5,768

emmarbee

ISP
BSNL
Hi,I need the procedure to disable the "always on" connection in wa3002g4 modem (Wi-Fi).There is no DHCP option in this modem. Earlier in UTStarcom model, I used to disable the DHCP option, there by enabling the "Connect To" option in windows XP, but in this modem that method doesn't work. ANy help???

Chennai Telephones- Changing password in DataOne Pre-configured modem

In WAN page disable PPP/PPPoE Enable " BRIDGED"
SAVE Reboot.
wait for two minutes.
Restart system
Now enter your user ID and PW in dialer.

DHCP options usually seen in LAN settings page.
http://i23.tinypic.com/9b8wpg.jpg
Not related to "Dialup" or "Always On" mode.

essbebe - that was too quick!
As you can, this was my first post and I didn't really expect such a quick reply...

I'll try this immediately after 8 a.m - now i wouldn't like to disconnect - as i'm not sure it'll reconnect again or not - I'm having frequent connection problem with bsnl.

Thanks a lot mate!

----------

DHCP may or may not be related to "always on".
But it sure did work for making an always on connection to dialup mode in an UTSTARCOM modem for sure. I've tried it personally.

If there is another way, what it would be? I mean for those UTStarcom modems . . .

Chennai Telephones- Changing password in DataOne Pre-configured modem

In WAN page disable PPP/PPPoE Enable \" BRIDGED\"
SAVE Reboot.
wait for two minutes.
Restart system
Now enter your user ID and PW in dialer.

DHCP options usually seen in LAN settings page.
http://i23.tinypic.com/9b8wpg.jpg
Not related to \"Dialup\" or \"Always On\" mode.

That worked perfectly!Atlast I got a solution for my never ending BILLS!I hope you know about this bug in bsnl:When you switch on the modem at 2 a.m and download from 2-8 am some 4 GB, and then switch off the PC at 8 am but not the modem, then BSNL will calc the usage from 2 A.M till the time you had SWITCHED off the modem. And then makes some random calculation, to put up some usage in the LIMITED BANDWIDTH HOURS.For Ex:Start Stop Total[KB] Duration[second] Traffic(KB) Excluding Nt UL02:02 - 08:30 - 4940236 23280 102340But I would've switched off the PC by 8 am itself, then how can it download 100 mb???

Imran's Broadband Helper Utility
open new thread for any problems.

In your task bar various applications appear.
Including Google. windows update etc
some automatic updates possible.
or
Your wireless network ( if enabled ) is unsecured
and your connection is used by some one else in
the neigbour hood.

Check:
Network Show all connections
wireless LAN
network
do you need a security key to connect ?
If you don,t need WIFI disable wireless settings in modem.

I have disabled my wireless long ago.And when my PC is switched off, i'm sure there will be no updates made . . . .

about the switch off modem part at 8am , people use a telnet script to reboot their modem at 8am hence the 4gb downloaded will be FREE..

Hope you are familiar with Imran's Broadband Helper Utility.

Back