How to hook up Tata sky HD STB to home theater system for 5.1 Surround sound for the HD channels?

• Thread starter Thread starter Rajeevraj
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 47
  • Views Views 50,734
Or if your HT supports it, run the HDMI from your STB to your reciever. And then run a HDMI from there to your TV. But i guess the normal HT's (Sony/Philips/Samsung etc) dont support HDMI through and you have to follow what is mentioned above.

OK, all you guys having Tata Sky HD set top box can you tell me what all audio output ports does it have. i understand that HDMI will go to HDTV while separate audio ports can send audio to speakers. i have 5.1 iball speaker which have 6 AV cable connectors - LF,RF,C,SW,LB,RB. so my query is, does the TATA HD set top box have separate AV output for 5.1

OK, all you guys having Tata Sky HD set top box can you tell me what all audio output ports does it have. i understand that HDMI will go to HDTV while separate audio ports can send audio to speakers. i have 5.1 iball speaker which have 6 AV cable connectors - LF,RF,C,SW,LB,RB.

so my query is, does the TATA HD set top box have separate AV output for 5.1

The iball speaker will not work until and unless you have the audio system which will convert the digital out from the STB to analog. The STB wil give only stereo out in Analog to which you can connect your speakers but will not get the desired 5.1

ok thanks for the input guys. hmmmmmmmmmi have LG dvd player which has 5.1 analog outso if i take digital audio out from HD STB to digital audio IN of dvd player and then get 5.1 analogue out..............ufffffffffffffffwill that work?(p.s. sick of buying converters soon i can open a shop)

Anil! just grab a cable and connect the coaxial out from the STB to your coaxial in on your Home theatre and you will get 5.1!

after having a long telephonic converstation with Tata Sky constumer care, the person told me that coaxial out on tatasky HD settopbox is not activated and it doesnt have an analogue 5.1 audio out. i guess i wont buy it, as i watch fifa on my lcd projector which is not HD

How is the stb connected to home theatre system? TS hd website shows connectivity to home theatre as a standard feature!

I don't have much knowledge abt this .. but I think HDMI supports upto 8 channels of compressed and uncompressed digital audio .. So if you are using HDMI than u just need to connect ur LCD's tv out to ur home theatre .. So rather than checking STB for 5.1 compatibility shouldn't we check if our TV set has the necessary ports .. isn't it ..

Back