• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2
  • Views Views 856

techtata

Regular
ISP
Tata Indicom
Dear Friends,

By chance, I found this laptop with Android OS. This is really exciting. Have you ever installed Android OS on your computer/laptop's hard drive? I have so far installed various flavors of Linux, but I have no idea as to how to install Android on a hard drive. Any guidance will be helpful. Thanks.

Lenovo IdeaPad A10 (59-388639) Slatebook (Quad Core A9/ 1GB/ 16GB eMMC/ Android 4.2/ Touch) Rs.20642 Price in India - Buy Lenovo IdeaPad A10 (59-388639) Slatebook (Quad Core A9/ 1GB/ 16GB eMMC/ Android 4.2/ Touch) Brown Online - Lenovo : Flipkart.com

android-x86 | SourceForge.net

YOu can download the iso from above & install like any other OS .

android-x86 | SourceForge.net

YOu can download the iso from above & install like any other OS .
Thanks. I have downloaded the iso file and written it to a CD. I was able to install Android OS verion android-x86-4.4-RC2.iso (May 20, 2014, 9:20 AM) to a spare hard disk of mine. I downloaded the iso from the site mentioned below.

Download - Android-x86 - Porting Android to x86

I am using it now. I tried a few Linux command to install a few regular packages, considering the fact that Android OS is based on Linux kernel, but I failed. I actually became root user in a terminal and issued a few commands as I normally do when I used Fedora 20.

yum install vim
yum install gparted/lshw/lsblk/firefox/geany etc.......

It has very poor support for keyboard and mouse.

I am now thinking of installed Chrome OS, which is also based on the Linux kernel. Thanks a lot.

Back