how to setup web server on mtnl broadband

• Thread starter Thread starter vaibhg
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 16
  • Views Views 8,272
yes virtual server port 80.. 192.168.1.5 .. so thats enabled.. now you need to check your firewall.. make sure you open port 80 in your firewall as well.. in windows firewall it is control panel-windows firewall and click on add port/exception

Hi,1)I have setup a ubuntu server and given it an ip address as 192.168.1.100. EHCP and Webmin is working perfect when i check it locally. Now i have purchased a static ip from my ISP that is MTNL triband. I want to make this a web server. Can you tell me how can i connect the static ip given by mtnl triband (eg: 120.202.61.33) to this server 2) what would i need to do to point my domain to this server would only giving the ip do the job3) how can i find out the incoming n outgoing server on ubuntuRegardsjitu

Hi,1)I have setup a ubuntu server and given it an ip address as 192.168.1.100. EHCP and Webmin is working perfect when i check it locally. Now i have purchased a static ip from my ISP that is MTNL triband. I want to make this a web server. Can you tell me how can i connect the static ip given by mtnl triband (eg: 120.202.61.33) to this server 2) what would i need to do to point my domain to this server would only giving the ip do the job3) how can i find out the incoming n outgoing server on ubuntuRegardsjitu

well.. if you've already received a static ip.. just to make sure , restart your modem like 4-5 times leaving a 5 minute gap . and after each restart go to My IP address? Free IP Address tracer and IP address lookup . and check your ip , if you get the same ip always , then your static ip setup is working fine.. then you need to open port 80 on your MTNL modem for your webserver and port 10000 for webmin ( incase you want webmin access from the internet) , in your domain settings , you just need to mention the staitc ip of your pc ..

Thankx. i have done this. now the next issue i am having is setting up a DNS so that i can host multiple domain. Do u have any idea how can i go about to get this done.

regards
Jitu

well.. if you've already received a static ip.. just to make sure , restart your modem like 4-5 times leaving a 5 minute gap . and after each restart go to My IP address? Free IP Address tracer and IP address lookup . and check your ip , if you get the same ip always , then your static ip setup is working fine.. then you need to open port 80 on your MTNL modem for your webserver and port 10000 for webmin ( incase you want webmin access from the internet) , in your domain settings , you just need to mention the staitc ip of your pc ..

Back