How to Unlock JioFiber ONT & work directly with any ftth ISP without using another ONT or Use it as a WiFi Router by connect any FTTH ISP basic Modem?

SG_curiosity

I got banned!
ISP
Jio, BSNL
Is JioFiber ONT is locked for any other ftth service providers?
Any one had tried to hack/unlock the JioFiber ONT for other ftth service providers like bsnl ftth? Is there any way to use Jio ONT for bsnl ftth?

Jio has disappointed me and i don't want use it for few months till it comes with better plans and with 1:1 download/upload speed.

I am think to try bsnl FTTH because it is now available in my location but currently I don't want to buy or rent another ONT for it.

So, Anybody have any knowledge to unlock Jio ont or have anybody just tried to connect Jio ont with other fiber isp like bsnl ftth or local isp etc?
-----------
Or

If unlocking is not possible than atleast how can we use JioFiber ONT as a dual band WiFi router by connecting it with basic Modem of other ftth ISPs like bsnl FTTH (by using bridge mode or by any other techniques) ?

Last edited:
Even if you get a compatible ONT, most ISPs have their ONT serial numbers/MAC registered at the OLT, so it is not as straightforward as simply plugging in a new one. The new ONT has to be activated at the OLT or it won't work with the GPON LED flashing or turning red. And then there are different ONTs for GPON and EPON networks which are not compatible with each other.

Please consult with Jio support to check if and how you can change the ONT to bridge mode and then use a router of your own to perform authentication and Wi-Fi. I had to get my Tata Sky BB Nokia WiFi ONT changed to a dumb Nokia ONT (no WiFi) because the wireless model does not support bridge mode. This whole set up varies from ISP to ISP. Save your time and $$ and contact Jio for guidance. Otherwise you will be running around in circles.

which nokia ONT did you receive ?

Upvote 0
Someone has already tried and succeed partially

Upvote 0

Back