How to upgrade to Windows 8 for just Rs. 699

• Thread starter Thread starter dpkrwt123
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 325
  • Views Views 31,335
No I meant after you get the promo code, once you start Upgrade Assistant on your older Windows, will we have to enter our key to satisfy the Upgrade Assistant that we are upgrading from a legit copy of Windows?

Not if you list date of purchase as being after the 1st of October, 2012.

I gave 15th Aug 2012... It didnt ask for Win7 Key.

No I meant after you get the promo code, once you start Upgrade Assistant on your older Windows, will we have to enter our key to satisfy the Upgrade Assistant that we are upgrading from a legit copy of Windows?

Now I am in "Downloading Windows 8" screen and already got Win8 key in previous page.. I am not sure it will ask WIn7 key after this anywhere..

Cool. The low price of upgrade will convert a lot of pirated copies in legit ones. MS stands to gain by this loophole.

What if i need to do a fresh install after(the launch of WIN 9) formatting the entire disk??? Install XP/Win 7 and upgrade with WIN 8 and again upgrade with WIN 9:biggrin:

What if i need to do a fresh install after(the launch of WIN 9) formatting the entire disk???
Install XP/Win 7 and upgrade with WIN 8 and again upgrade with WIN 9:biggrin:

Shift to Linux. :smile:

Cool. The low price of upgrade will convert a lot of pirated copies in legit ones. MS stands to gain by this loophole.
or..its a trap aka ambush..to sell apps. Lets wait & watch

Shift to Linux. :smile:
I do graphic/3d works. Play lot of games. Can Linux handle it?

its by choice(planned) and not a loophole btw:nono:

What if i need to do a fresh install after(the launch of WIN 9) formatting the entire disk???
Install XP/Win 7 and upgrade with WIN 8 and again upgrade with WIN 9:biggrin:

I think there is an option in Win8 to reset it to clean fresh state. May be we can image the disk at that time. But reinstall in a new disk would be a headache..

I do graphic/3d works. Play lot of games. Can Linux handle it?

Guess Ubuntu Studio should cater to the graphic bit. Not much idea about games as I don't play any, but I believe Windows wins over that one.