How to watch 4K/UHD content on Vu Smart TV?

• Thread starter Thread starter Kalyan_1980
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 85
  • Views Views 15,963
ugh. seems unlikely that they would have a list of all tvs that support netflix 4k. but then i guess they are manually testing and giving certifications for 4k support? i mean even on windows... you only get 4k on edge and netflix windows 10 app. not in firefox. not in chrome.

For 4K steaming only, they have lot of restrictions. But in my VU TV, Netflix play HD content with superb clarity.

Need to wait for 3 more week to watch 4K from Amazon fire Stick. :)

6K for that stick... kind of insane.

this is probably a good reason to avoid smart tvs. i mean it's bad enough that the hardware is usually already obsolete by the time it reaches your home. not being able to actually use the features of the tv you paid for is insane.

i suppose. internal os is in any case never a long term solution. so you would have had to get a media player in a year or two eventually. i just wonder if there are better alternatives to fire tv stick 4k. i imagine Apple tv would cost at least twice.

lol. it is priced at 19500 on croma.

I think my VU 4K tv never play 4K content from Netflix

This below requirement from Netflix
Both the HDMI cable and the HDMI port on your TV must be HDCP 2.2 certified to successfully display Ultra HD content.

This below requirement from Amazon fire stick 4k.
TV Compatibility
1) TV must support minimum HDCP requirements for protected content playback. Compatible with 1) 4K ultra high-definition TVs with HDMI capable of 2160p at 24/25/30/50/60 Hz and HDCP 2.2 or 2) high-definition TVs with HDMI capable of 1080p or 720p at 50/60 Hz. 4K/ UHD TV required for streaming 4K/ UHD content.

It seems that my VU LED TV does not have HDCP 2.2 port :(

Back