How to watch 4K/UHD content on Vu Smart TV?

• Thread starter Thread starter Kalyan_1980
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 85
  • Views Views 15,963
It may sound silly but he has to check if he has the UHD plan of netflix and not normal HD one

First of all i thank @Sushubh, @dextermorgan and @anonuser7 for your inputs.

@dextermorgan - Yes i have Premium plan in Netflix and also set high quality in settings.

https://www.vutvs.com/iconium-40bu113

If you check the specifications, It clearly mentions your tv has HDCP 2.2
I did not find HDCP 2.2 in that page. How to check this?

For him it would suck if he spends 6k and the tv still fails at 4k.
Anyway i was ordered 4K fire stick for Rs. 5300 with 10% discount today. Delivery expected between 15 to 17th November. Let see once i get the delivery.

This below requirement from Netflix
Both the HDMI cable and the HDMI port on your TV must be HDCP 2.2 certified to successfully display Ultra HD content.

This below requirement from Amazon fire stick 4k.
TV Compatibility
1) TV must support minimum HDCP requirements for protected content playback. Compatible with 1) 4K ultra high-definition TVs with HDMI capable of 2160p at 24/25/30/50/60 Hz and HDCP 2.2 or 2) high-definition TVs with HDMI capable of 1080p or 720p at 50/60 Hz. 4K/ UHD TV required for streaming 4K/ UHD content.

This the requirement from Netflix and Amazon fire stick. Both needs HDCP 2.2, but in my TV in HDMI port they did not mention HDCP 2.2 in any HDMI port. (But they mention ARC in HDMI 3 Port)

Just now I found, In this link they mentioned HDCP 2.2 in all the ports.

In HDMI ports section HDMI type 4K@60Hz with HDCP version 2.2

Source

I think Fire Stick 4K will support

:):):):eek::eek::eek::eek::D:D:D:D:D:love::love::love::love::love:

@dextermorgan - You are right, it support HDCP 2.2

Just wondering what kind of difference you see between 1080p & 4k on a 43 inches screen. Even on 55 inches from a particular distance say 5f+. I don't see a big improvement between same 4k and 1080p content. I have a 55 inch sammy television.

Back