How to watch 4K/UHD content on Vu Smart TV?

• Thread starter Thread starter Kalyan_1980
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 85
  • Views Views 15,959
Just wondering what kind of difference you see between 1080p & 4k on a 43 inches screen. Even on 55 inches from a particular distance say 5f+. I don't see a big improvement between same 4k and 1080p content. I have a 55 inch sammy television.

I think we can, in show room I can see the difference. Content matters.

From where did you load 4K content to your TV?

I dont know how android tv works.

can you download netflix apk from apkmirror and side load it

https://www.howtogeek.com/280763/how-to-sideload-apps-on-android-tv/

You can sideload it but if your device doesn't contain the required DRM to play 4k for netflix, it won't. For example xiaomi phones can't play HD netflix content because they don't have the required DRM certification. You can however use an external device which is able to play 4k netflix(nvidia shield, intel 7thgen+, gtx 10 series, firestick, etc) if your TV is HDCP 2.2 complaint.

You can sideload it but if your device doesn't contain the required DRM to play 4k for netflix, it won't. For example xiaomi phones can't play HD netflix content because they don't have the required DRM certification. You can however use an external device which is able to play 4k netflix(nvidia shield, intel 7thgen+, gtx 10 series, firestick, etc) if your TV is HDCP 2.2 complaint.

I chat with Netflix CC, they also told the same
See the below chat.

Riza Lyn R. Netflix
Hi I was able to confirm with our researchers that the TV you are using is not compatible to get 4k from Netflix.

Riza Lyn R. Netflix
They were able to check from their end that this device may not get 4k from Netflix, you also confirmed that you do not have the Googe play store on the TV correct? It will only work, if the app came from the google play store.

You
Sure Thanks. One more clarification, will I get 4K if i will using Amazon Fire Stick 4K?

Riza Lyn R. Netflix
Yes, that would work.

Back