• Thread starter Thread starter netzone
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 3,209

netzone

Regular
ISP
BSNL Dataone
query regarding 10paise/10kB of vodafone.If I connect gprs in my phone and browse 10 pages, and if each page is 5 kB and then disconnect , will Rs.1 be deducted or will Rs.0.50 be deducted?any idea

Better talk it out with the CC. Am saying so, because i saw some posts in which people mentioned they are over-charged by Vodafone for gprs usage.

It is charged based on 10kb pulse. So if your session shows a data of 12kb then vodafone takes it as 20kb and charges 2pulse or 20paise. Each time you close and open your browser/application a new session starts. So a large number of short sessions will make us in loss. :evil:

when opening a browser, session starts and ends when browser is closed. But anothing thing we can do is, go to phone's gprs setup and connect gprs. It will disconnect only when we disconnect. In the between time, we can open and close browser any number of times.In this case, will charges be levied once for data transfered or for many times - each time browser is opened and closed?I asked CC before starting this thread, but she has no idea. She repeatedly says 10paise/10kB and when I explained this story of 10 pages of 5kB, she said I must call some 5 digit number starting with 1xxxx (I forgot the number) but that number has only IVR response, no CC executives there.

if u start gprs session and keep browsing all pages at once then 10*5 will be counted as 50kb so 50 paisebut if u browse 1page and stop for sometime and then ur gprs session goes inactive then insted of counting 5kb it will count 10kb so if u go inactive after every page it will be counted total 100kb = 100 p = 1Re.i dont knwo when is gprs session considered inactive but its decided by vodafone, i guess, and not dependent on ur phone.

i think what netzone explained kinda seems correct

when opening a browser, session starts and ends when browser is closed. But anothing thing we can do is, go to phone's gprs setup and connect gprs. It will disconnect only when we disconnect. In the between time, we can open and close browser any number of times.

if u'll notice when we start the browser, it says connecting to vodafone live, thats where the session starts but i do not agree with the other part that we can open & close the browser as many times because whenever i close browser (not minimising), it reconnects every time

Back