i got cheated by Airtel Broadband in changing my plan %$%$*~!

• Thread starter Thread starter warthog
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 5,756
W

warthog

My plan was 699ul and i was getting constant 160kpbs on a 128 k line(lucky me).dl speeds were like 19-21kpbs,sadly my need to reduce my phone bills urged me to change my plan to 725 ul.everything was same excpet call rate came down to 1.10 to 1 and my speeds reduced from 160kpbs to 90-111kpbs.I cant even take them to consumer court as their net policy dictates that on a128 k you would get btw 64-128k.I cant even revert back as there policy DICTATES only after a billing cycle you can change and god only knows if i would get 160-170k speeds if i revert. ps:to airtel dont boast your speeds and plans.I had 2mbps UL from railnet when i was in mumbai btw 03-05.the govt was giving 2mbps since 02 you guys give only 2mbps taste in night only.i went from 56k to 2048k to 128k.sucks for me big time.i just hope i goto s.p. marg colony in delhi or badhwar park in mum bai toi went from 56k to 2048k to 128k.sucks for me big time.i just hope i goto s.p. marg colony in delhi or badhwar park in mum bai to get 2mbps RAILNET back.(internet gaming and torrents dont work though:P

You can try chaning back, i think its worth a try :)

not at all.. u won't get same speeds...many people who r usin airtel since ages (without changing plans) are still gettin double speed at night...be happy till date what u've got, and what all u're gettin at present...

Yeah, I wouldn't expectmuch on reverting back either. The lesson to learn is to leave good things alone and not mess too much.

^^ Yea.. same happened with me :( And the Home 699+ plan does not exist now :(

Im planning to shift to the Home 999+ plan. Anybody suggest otherwise? Do people still get double speeds on that? And can i change my plan again right now, as i just changed it a few days back..

^ people are reporting varying feedback AFAIK. Some people still get double speeds, some don't, and some (like me) get a little boost but not to the extent that you can call it 'double.' (I get about 45KB/s at night). In your situation, I would advise you to assume that you are not going to get double speeds. If you do, then let it be a pleasant surprise.

Hmm.. Thanks.. Even 45 KB/s is a welcome change im getting a stupid 10 Kb/s here! But the idiots wont change my plan untill the next billing cycle :-S

f**ckersthey changed my telephone plan which came with broadband for 55Rs rental to 500Rs rental without even informaing me.FU888rs they are so lame and nowi hav 2 wait 1more month to remove telphone:@

Back