I just applied for a new Bsnl connection...

• Thread starter Thread starter Hawk_eyes
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 24
  • Views Views 30,275
No bsnl uptime is very good. But, yes, the pings are on the higher side (can be very high at times)

I have a tool wich reduces the pings, i was just worried about the uptime... cause i hate it when internet disconnects when I'm in middle of a game...

ooh. you can magically take your modem several thousand kilometers nearer to the gaming server?

Lol watch this that's how i reduce my pings, wtfast is an amazing software i know you didn't even heard of it... you can call it magic if you want xD

Last edited by a moderator:
Hawk_eyes said:
I have a tool wich reduces the pings, i was just worried about the uptime... cause i hate it when internet disconnects when I'm in middle of a game...

The problem is packet loss. Run your ping from 2 pm on wards and see how many request timed out errors you get. WTFast only helps if your ping is high but even it can not overcome the packet loss. It works better in night times though.
As far as uptime is concerned i am sure i wasn't the only one here whose connection was tripping and disconnecting on daily basis. We are not on fibre network so for those who are on copper wires, it is not the same. So no i won't say up time is very good. For it to be very good it has to go interrupted for weeks not a day or two.

Uptime is good, even on copper, if your line is good/decent. I haven't personally experienced packet loss, but going by admin's account, it indeed is a possibility. Anyway, see how it works for you!

It's slightly better these days but day time is still quite horrible compared to evenings and night.

chromaniac said:
It's slightly better these days but day time is still quite horrible compared to evenings and night.
In same boat as you bro. Sometimes i feel like i have night time plan because in day it is that horrible.
Hawk_eyes said:
So i guess i did a mistake by applying for BSNL broadband >_

chromaniac said:
My case is entirely different. No downtime / slow speed / sluggishness or packet loss during the day or the night. Guess I'm lucky.
Depends a lot on the local management. The guys at my local exchange know that they'll receive a call from the GM if they start messing with my line. :D

Back