• Thread starter Thread starter krish_88
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 16
  • Views Views 1,855

krish_88

Regulars
ISP
Airtel XStream Fiber
As i stated yesterday in my thread saying that i just want to use sify in linux. Sify doesn't allow to use the client in two operating systems.Now a person is coming to check whether iam using two operating systems. I just want to show him that iam using linux. Can i tweak it in such a way that it shows only ubuntu in Bootloader..Plz fast replies needed. As he might be arriving here

Playing with the grub might be dangerous...I have to make them fools. Though they are.:rofl:

comment the enteries to hide windows... make sure you know what you are doing or u would end up with a messed up system.its a shame that u need to prove that ur on linux. damn. it's sad.

Yes sushubh. If tht so called engineer sees dual os then he would assume that iam using my client in both the systems. Yes i want to use it in both the systems. For Xp supersify Zindabaad

the point is that who is sify to decide which and how many OS you can use on your home computer!

I just had a chat with them yesterday. Let me tell you that their customercare has Zero knowledge of Linux. I told them yesterday that iam facing problems running my client in linux. What they did was. They gave me a link to download the client and asked me whats my Internet Explorer version number.I told them iam using linux and they still asked me the Version number.:ashamed:After a few hours a person from sify called me saying that "Sir you can't use our client in two operating systems. Its a new rule from sify.

They are Sify, aren't they? They can even ask subscribers to tatoo 'Sify is great' on their forehead and chants the Sify maha mantra thrice before connecting each time. Have never used it but from reading other peoples experiences, a person has to be really desperate to get a Sify broadband connection. I get a headache even thinking about it.

They told me that they are not coming and will not bypass my ip in Linux. Thats the Final Result. Very sad I did tell them that iam going to use it in linux. But they rejected it

Back