India Against Spam: Report spam SMS on Google Android!

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 484
  • Views Views 35,329
telephonyManager.getSimOperator();

Dude, you need to use the OperatorName methods.

You will get something like this then:

Code I used:

Code:
TelephonyManager telephonyManager =((TelephonyManager) getSystemService(Context.TELEPHONY_SERVICE));        String operatorName = telephonyManager.getNetworkOperatorName();        String simOperatorName = telephonyManager.getSimOperatorName();                TextView myText = (TextView) findViewById(R.id.txtView);        myText.setText("Operator Name: " + operatorName + "\n" +        				"SIM Operator Name: " + simOperatorName);

Fantastic app. Was tired for months of getting Spam sms from airtel. After reporting within seconds got the reply

Hello, I'm the developer. Feedback about "fugly" interface has been noted :)

My only satisfaction is that they have to go the trouble of getting new numbers. Plus it must cost them money ;)

He did. I think I know a workaround for Idea users.

Sorry. As it is, I suck at Android. A whole new OS would be impossible.

No..you really have done a great job...
Atleast gimme the source codes....you know i'll try from my side to integrate into symbian using python..atleast for old devices.. :|

No..you really have done a great job...
Atleast gimme the source codes....you know i'll try from my side to integrate into symbian using python..atleast for old devices.. :|
Not sure if the source code for Android will help you port to Symbian. The Android API is pretty comprehensive, so implementing the basic functionality of this app would not take more than a day (for someone who has worked on Android).

Not sure if the source code for Android will help you port to Symbian. The Android API is pretty comprehensive, so implementing the basic functionality of this app would not take more than a day (for someone who has worked on Android).
I've used Python...I'm sounding like a total idiot i guess.. :|
Still wouldn't mind taking a look at those codes....

And may i say..those likes were for a little bit sarcasm...wasn't it ?? :|

Dude, no sarcasm intended. I have developed stuff in Android, though that is one OS I don't use a lot. I use Symbian, but have never bothered coding for it as I have been scared away saying it is really tough. Hence it was nice to see you taking the initiative.

For starters, you can refer the code I have put a few posts above this which identifies the operator. The remaining code would be as simple as using this Class: SmsManager | Android Developers

Like I said, pretty straight forward with Android. I have zero clue how much work would be involved with Symbian or another OS

I just received a mail from a Idea user who was successful in reporting an SMS. I gotta dig into the reason why it isn't working for some of them.

I agree. There is close to zero logic in this app. All are API calls. But if you still in need help, mail me, keeping in mind that I don't know P of Python :)

For an expert, may be. But this being my first project, it took me close to 150 hours :(. Most of it for FB integration, though.

Back