India Against Spam: Report spam SMS on Google Android!

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 484
  • Views Views 35,329
BTW, thank you guys for your honest feedback and being my beta testers :).
Also, @agantuk, thanks for that tip about network operators.

No probs. Giving ideas is much easier than implementing those :) I could have done this stuff myself but am super lazy to even start. Good to see someone taking the initiative !

Just asking, have you rectified for VF as well? Because it still doesn't work.

Sorry man. VF works for me. And I don't know how to find the circle. I could use location services, but that would be next version(if at all).Currently only 138 installs for this app. If I don't see significant increase in user base, I would not be able to put in much effort. Hope you understand.But if you really need, I create an custom apk specially for you. You have to tell me format string for that.

Sorry man. VF works for me. And I don't know how to find the circle. I could use location services, but that would be next version(if at all).

For the circle, you can take the list from COAI.com . Look up the MSC codes section there. It will have all the major GSM operators (Reliance and Docomo being the notable exceptions)

^ The circle still wouldn't change right. His problem is only with figuring out the circle. The network, there are two APIs that provide for it. One gives the SIM's network, and the other the connected network. This is useful for figuring out things like network sharing (or roaming)

^ The circle still wouldn't change right. His problem is only with figuring out the circle. The network, there are two APIs that provide for it. One gives the SIM's network, and the other the connected network. This is useful for figuring out things like network sharing (or roaming)

Actually I need both operator and circle :). Because until now I thought a operator has same string nationwide.
So I guess I'll have to ask user to input his operator AND circle. Boy, wouldn't that be a pain to maintain.
I'm also thinking of filing an RTI to TRAI to ask them what is the exact string. The pains of development :)

what's wrong with taking the circle info from COAI

It seems I did not think it through. Let me some time.
Btw, on my mobile it returned 40411. I'm on VF, NCR. How does this translate?

@ Deepak....Its still not working! I re-installed it just now.

Back