India v West Indies 2013

• Thread starter Thread starter mhsabir
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 173
  • Views Views 13,563
Ok... Let me try & verify your claim now itself. So, we will take from 2010 & take only India-participated 2-team series, is that what you are referring to ?
Or you are also accounting a couple of series, where India were on verge of qualifying but did not like Aus-SL-Ind VB series and the Asia cup.

I don't see the harm in last match as decider. Keeps the interest.

hitech0101 said:
SA tour seems scary as matches will depend a lot on the pace attack, on bouncy tracks but our pace bowlers need to make the ball bounce and not bowl full tosses.
Just think about how the Indian batsmen will go about the short stuffs.That's the question.Then comes the bowlers part.Sorry but I can only see an Indian whitewash.

harry10 said:
I don't see the harm in last match as decider. Keeps the interest.
Well, as long as it is not done on purpose..
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So, lets see
2010/11Ind, SL, Zim - Ind was out even before final league game, So 1-0 for no final match being deciderAsia Cup - Ind & SL each won their first 2 games, making remaining two as dead before final. 2-0Aus V Ind - 3 match series, 2 rained out, Ind won the remaining - So, lets say its neutralNZ v Ind - 5 match series, India won all 5. Thats 3-0 for no final match being "decider"Ind, SL & NZ - final league match was decider. So 3-1SA v Ind - 5 match series, SA won 3-2. Final match was decider. So, 3-2
2011/12Ind v Eng - Eng won 3-0 ... 4-2Ind v Eng - Ind won 5-0 ... 5-2Ind v WI - Ind won 4-1 ... 6-2Commenwealth (Ind, Aus, SL) - final league was decider though Ind did not play , 6-3Asia Cup, same ... but still we will have it as 6-4Ind v SL 4-1..... 7-4
2012/13
Ind v Pak 2-1 .... Pak was leading 2-0 ... so 8-4Ind V Eng 3-2 ... Ind was leading 3-1 before the final game, 9-4Ind, WI , SL - decider ... 9-5Ind v Zim .. 5-0 ... 10-5Ind v Aus .. 3-2... 10-6Ind v WI 1-1??? 10-7
So in the last 17 , 7 have been decided by the last league game
Bi-laterals , its 8-3, just that last 2 have happened continuously, previous one was in 2010 with SAfrica....which we lost
3/4 teams, its 2-4 and even in that two deciders India did not even play the final league game....and other teams resulted in our exit.

retarded bowling by bhuvi in the 48th over. bowling full toss agin n again to sammy.
India needs to get a full time reputed bowling coach. they can't seem to bowl yorkers at death

To me, it seems to be a tendency of people to remember close series and forget the series where we win comfortably and also when we get humiliating defeats

Bhuvi isn't a good death bowler. In death you need pace and accuracy to bowl yorkers. Need someone to do it. Till then we will keep losing close matches while bowling.

I think the new rules plus conditions in India are totally favouring the side batting second. Even though there would be odd games were batting first may result in a win. The win percentage while chasing I am guessing is tilting 80-20.

w/o pace too one can bowl yorkers. Bhuvi bowls arnd 120-130, he can't exceed that. he has to improve his accuracy within his limitations

w/o pace too one can bowl yorkers. Bhuvi bowls arnd 120-130, he can't exceed that. he has to improve his accuracy within his limitations
See the thing is as you know when we try to bowl yorkers sometimes they end up as full toss. If bowler doesn't have pace he is clobbered but with pace even a low full toss is effective.

Back