India vs Australia: 4 Tests - Feb-Mar 2013

• Thread starter Thread starter mhsabir
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 262
  • Views Views 17,469
I would have said jaffer should have been give one last chance. He is the leading run scorer of the tournament of all time. If he doesnt play in this series, its almost sure his career is well and truly over.

Well I presume its the end of his career now already and so is Badrinath's. Such prolific run scorers at the best format of the game and Jaffer at least got 31 games under his belt but Badri well, really for sorry for him. Many players are going unnoticed because of politics and such. Roshit Sharma? Suresh Raina ahead of Badri during the NZ series. Seriously?

With Bhajji back in now I presume it will be a toss up between him and ojha for place in final 11 .. and ashwins performance in 1st test will determine his future as well ... my final 11 team is this ..1) Sehwag 2) Rahane 3) Pujara 4) Tendu 5) Kohli 6) Jadeja ( I feel decent bat plus very handy with the ball ) 7) Dhoni 8) Ashwin 9) Harbhajan / Ojha 10) Bhuvnesh Kumar 11) Ishant Sharma

I think selectors have made it clear they view Rahane as a middle order option. So its going to be Vijay again or Dhawan would be making his debut.

I think selectors have made it clear they view Rahane as a middle order option. So its going to be Vijay again or Dhawan would be making his debut.

Playing Rahane in middle order is a waste .. I think Jadeja should be given a longer run at number 6 .. Plus Jadeja is more than decent with the ball ..

@ above. onle in INDIA he is better in ball than bat! But in foreign, i think he is waste in both department:)and still dont understand what Abhisek Nayar should prove to get selected

Rahane might take over Sachin's place once he retires. Even though not a perfect replacement, he deserves to be in the test squad and not as a opener since he is a better middle order player.

@ above. onle in INDIA he is better in ball than bat! But in foreign, i think he is waste in both department:)

and still dont understand what Abhisek Nayar should prove to get selected

Well ofcourse Jadeja is good in Indian bowling conditions .. Once India tours abroad they will bring back Irfan Pathan in the squad as medium pace all rounder ...

Rahane might take over Sachin's place once he retires. Even though not a perfect replacement, he deserves to be in the test squad and not as a opener since he is a better middle order player.
Sachins place will be taken by Arjun Tenulkar in the next 4- 5 years ... :Shabbo:

Aus 241 (88.3 ov, NM Lyon 12*, Parvez Rassol 7/45) - Stumps | Live Scorecard | ESPN Cricinfo

Aus bowled out for 241 against Presidents XI

The Australians lost nine wickets to spin on the first day of their opening tour game in Chennai, but though they were dismissed for 241 their opener and top-scorer Ed Cowan said the team was satisfied with the workout. Jammu & Kashmir offspinner Parvez Rassol, who turns 24 tomorrow, took 7 for 45 for the Board President's XI on a pitch that offered the slow bowlers assistance.

Back