• Thread starter Thread starter varun120
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 16
  • Views Views 13,932

varun120

Cult of Personality
ISP
Fivenet/1&1
I wanted to opt for either fivenet or 1&1. Both are unavailable in my area. Now, local cablewala provides Honesty. And, he quoted unlimited 2Mbps plan for 1599 rs/ month, and 15000 rs/ annum. I liked the plan of 4Mbps @Rs. 1100, for 50GB, it is a prepaid plan inclusive of taxes.I dont know the tariffs of Honesty, it is not given on their website as well. if you could tell what the tariffs are or how to contact honesty, if I want to try to get connection directly from them, if they do so?

u don't get connections directly. in my area honesty n fivenet both r priced same. however i had disconnection issues n downtime with honesty. fivenet was super !

kickass said:
u don't get connections directly. in my area honesty n fivenet both r priced same. however i had disconnection issues n downtime with honesty. fivenet was super !
1) Honesty
2) Joister
3) MTNL/Airtel/Reliance thunder plans
What should I choose. I am in no hurry. I can wait for a month. Joister will be available in a month, the guys said. How is the speed provided by honesty? Is it consistent with what they claim? In terms of good speed, less downtime what should I choose? I can afford upto 1500 Rs.

for consistency go for 5net. i have no idea abt joister. mtnl provides vdsl lines. i dun have any disconnections at all but the line is down since fri(1st time since 2 mnths). btu u will end up paying more for mtnl. give joister a try. honesty had garbage uptime.

kickass said:
for consistency go for 5net. i have no idea abt joister. mtnl provides vdsl lines. i dun have any disconnections at all but the line is down since fri(1st time since 2 mnths). btu u will end up paying more for mtnl. give joister a try. honesty had garbage uptime.
Mate, I wanted fivenet, but it is not available in my area. So, you would say, honesty should be my last option, right.

even am left with that option now. but reading about the downtimes reported by 'kickass' for HNS, am now wary of it. it is because exactly of this issue that am thinking of migrating from MTNL. but if HNS is also going to trouble me with downtimes, then i better first get my MTNL wiring changed and see if that helps with the status of my current connection or not.

I'll wait for joister. Anyway, I have to move to new house in the same area. I asked one guy, he will get his joister connection installed on 15th september. The plan he's getting is unlimited 25 Mbps at Rs.18000/ per annum (inclusive of taxes). I don't know if we could get such plan in our area.

Back