Installing Yahoo GO, GMail app offline

• Thread starter Thread starter amish
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 26
  • Views Views 8,749
Settings for Hutch4Business:APN : wwwUsername Password DNS: 10.11.206.51 10.11.206.50 Hope that works for you

thanks netfreak, i will give it a try and tell u.i got a bluetooth dongle now and managed to get internet on my mobile over bluetooth connection from PC. still tweaking (security, automating the setup for just plug and play) is to be done but it works for sure.i also managed to ssh on my own PC. only problem is Nokia bluetooth works only upto 10mtrs that too without any wall in betn. so if i move to next room, it doesnt work :-(i was thinking of VNC to my PC so i can go in TV room and watch and work. but looks like that wont work because it doesnt catch range.anyway mini-R&D for personal satisfaction was good experience

Yea amish , just write a script to start dund and all other commands to initialise it.Also if you see in KDEbluetooth configuration, you can run commands on detection of a device..so you can have your script automatically run once the PC detects your fone!And after that just starting any internet-accesing app on fone will directly initiate a connection through BT as its set default by GNuBox!! You can do lot more automated stuff using KDEbluetooth, just see help of KDEBluetooth (KDEBluetooth Handbook its called i think) there are examples there.

ok now i have made everything automatic, plug and play. i can use yahoo go and gmail app using internet thru my PC over bluetooth. and i can also ssh my PC.now i am looking for VNC client so i can access my PC as it is (monitor)so can some1 suggest me VNC client? i googled but the clients i see are either NOT free or i feel like not trusting it.is there anyway? thanks in advance

wellon ipmart-forum.com you can get apps that are not free..you know what I mean!! They work fine I have used a VNC client wich I had downloaded from there.

only problem is Nokia bluetooth works only upto 10mtrs that too without any wall in betn. so if i move to next room, it doesnt work :-(

There could be two options:

There is a chinese made Bluetooth -> WiFi adapter (to add WiFi to cell phones with Bluetooth) that I saw in US last year, was $40 in cost. Should solve your problem ig you have WiFI router.

Another solution is to attach a Bluetooth to LAN adapter in LAN slot of router if router is in-between two rooms.

now i am looking for VNC client so i can access my PC as it is (monitor)

Google turned up these opens source VNC clients for J2ME:

Vidance - The VNC Midlet

SourceForge.net: J2ME VNC Client

Have you tried any of these 2?

first itself talks of trying 2nd one. and yes i tried 2nd one, it works but thats not changed since 2005, so i was wondering if there is any other.btw ur wifi solution is expensive (for me). i will need wifi router or wifi on PC (somehow) as well. anyway this was just for small R&D and i can now install software on mobile using my PC internet, so thats sufficient as of now.

Back