Inter net speed is very slow(10kbps) for BSNL 900 UL plan

• Thread starter Thread starter kris406
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 14
  • Views Views 9,085
Prakash,Speed keeps on varying a lot. I believe it will be in 600 to 800kbps during peak hours and around 1.5Mbps at nights. Rarely it crosses 2Mbps when downloading files with a download manager.

Prakash,

Speed keeps on varying a lot. I believe it will be in 600 to 800kbps during peak hours and around 1.5Mbps at nights. Rarely it crosses 2Mbps when downloading files with a download manager.

i read your post regarding bsnl broadband plan of UL900...
i have changed to same plan effective from Oct 1st. But since then i havent got full 4mbps speed; instead getting same 1.62mpbs max (i.e. some 207kb/s download). I feel its same as my old plan 500C+ which was upto 2mbps!
This problem seems common to all UL900 plan users(checked in various forums); BSNL guys not convinced that this is problem also!...they argue this is the speed what we get... :(
but you r getting 4mbps speed!!! did u change any settings etc? and is it dependent on modem? (my modem is Teracom type 2 with wifi)
(and i hav connected my desktop also through wifi reciever... )

but you r getting 4mbps speed!!! did u change any settings etc? and is it dependent on modem? (my modem is Teracom type 2 with wifi)
(and i hav connected my desktop also through wifi reciever... )
I got close to 4Mbps speed just a couple of times. And now max speed is 1.5Mbps with DAP running in extreme acceleration mode :tongue:

I had to show the same to BSNL NOC guys using team viewer (is an app like gotomypc). Even NOC guys were accepting my speed is less. They said i should get atleat 2.5 to 3Mbps irrespective of using service in peak or off peak timings. Then they said there might be a problem in telephone line. I raised a complaint and one line man came and checked the line. He said its fine. He said since there is no disturbance in line, tel line is absolutely fine. He asked me to talk to bsnl exchange.

So this is what i have to say about BSNL. BSNL is run by in-efficient (many) and cheap mentality people who are not bothered about customer satisfaction. With this mentality they have grown over years and this may not change.
Many people use BSNL because its cheap or other private player is not available in that area.
So now i have left with two choices - cancel BSNL subscription and go back to airtel or live with what ever i am getting with BSNL. Similar to aamir khans dialogue in Rang de basanti:clap:

---------- Post added at 11:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:22 AM ----------

shs_1236,
Raise a complaint via http://mis.bsnl.co.in/pgs/internet/pgwebregn.asp with grievance type as Broadband speed slow.

Guys,
Can i change my internet plan multiple times in one billing cycle? If yes then how will security deposit adjusted?
BSNL has already charged Rs.500 security deposit for BBGFN500 plan which they should not have done. Now this month's bill i want to see how they will charge security deposit for ULF900 plan.

Back