Internet for Laptop in India

• Thread starter Thread starter manu1991
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 30
  • Views Views 26,498
^^^ thats cool .......... and who cares when company has to bear the charges :)

ok i checked airtel gprs packages. they have packages of max 1.5 gig a month... what am i missing here?no unlimited plans?

ha ha.. that's true.. but ask from CC as airtel in delhi had a plan at 499 for unlimited plan.. & in blore plan of 120/week for unlimited on GPRS for normal (non-corp) connections.. else also checkout blackberry plans..

how tough is it to cross 1.5 gigs on a connection that gives you 8-9 KBps?no specified plans on the websites. do they really give connections that can be used on a laptop connected to the mobile acting as a modem which have unlimited data transfer?

yep .. I was talking of that only.. i was using it.. donno abt other providers.. but in airtel it's called MO [ Mobile Office ]. If u have this activated u can use WAP [internet on mobile] & PC/Laptop connected via cable..If u got MO then u can use it in any circles [states] which has airtel. It's free of roming charges.

I have Mobile Office from Airtel which is unlimited but gives me around 30kbps on GPRS.If I buy an EDGE-compatible phone like the N73 will I get EDGE speeds on the same plan or do I have to upgrade to another plan?

for the nth time, if you have an edge enabled phone it will automatically use edge.

Talking of Mumbai, ..I had tethered my Nokia 6630 to my Desktop (Fedora 7) , I had a taken unlimited data from MTNL for a month. It costed 399 bux, and speeds were decent most of the time, in the range of 22-30kBps. And I dint have problems with my line being busy when using EDGE. On the contrary , net connection used to drop when a call came. and mtnl also offered free roaming with edge/gprs. I got gprs in almost all places while roaming in Maharashtra circle of BSNL and even in Gujarat( I went to surat) .

How to surf using GPRS using the PC, on Vodafone... I mean is there any tutorial to create a connection? I found one for Airtel but not Vodafone...Thanks..

Back