Iphone 4 related query

• Thread starter Thread starter rodeoz
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 32
  • Views Views 4,066
rodeoz just a small question... How much did u buy the locked iPhone 4 for... Just asking coz the factory unlocked ones are available for around 31-32K...

Hi Rajdeep

Factory unlocked 16 GB phone is available in Delhi for 32,000 Rs

I got the one unlocked by gevey sim (ie it was originally locked to a carrier and then unlocked) for Rs 26,000

Well, this may seem strange but all my problems were relating to Vodafone 3G connection in Delhi. Though the speed of the connection was great, I could not open App Store, could not connect to WhatsApp neither jailbreak using jailbreakme .comI went to another circle and now on Vodafone 3G (UP West), things started working fine. WhatsApp connected, I was able to jailbreak the device and once I logged onto a wifi network was able to open the App store as well.So if anyone faces a similar issues, just hook to a wifi instead of 3G and apps that don't work fine may just start performing fine!

Well.. That isn't the point of having a mobile data connection. Everything will obviously work when connected to wifi. But what do you do when you are on the move & not connected to wifi?

Well.. That isn't the point of having a mobile data connection. Everything will obviously work when connected to wifi. But what do you do when you are on the move & not connected to wifi?

Everything eventually worked out by changing the APN to www (from portalnmms) and removing the proxy.

Now WhatsApp and everything else works. But when I reboot the phone, the Gevey Welcome screen no longer shows and I have to repeat this rebooting thing a few times to get it to work.

Looks like something or the other will also cause trouble in the phone!

Everything eventually worked out by changing the APN to www (from portalnmms) and removing the proxy.

Now WhatsApp and everything else works. But when I reboot the phone, the Gevey Welcome screen no longer shows and I have to repeat this rebooting thing a few times to get it to work.

Looks like something or the other will also cause trouble in the phone!

Your phone has no issues. The issue is with the Gevey SIM unlock. Most of the people having issues with data services in their iPhones are the ones using Gevey SIM.

Your phone has no issues. The issue is with the Gevey SIM unlock. Most of the people having issues with data services in their iPhones are the ones using Gevey SIM.

Yeah, that only. Or could be that some jailbreak apps clash with the gevey unlock.

I will wait till iOS 5 is released and then buy a gevey pro compatible with it (if there is any) or take the phone to a shop and ask the guy to update the firmware and unlock it for me.

Yeah, that only. Or could be that some jailbreak apps clash with the gevey unlock.

I will wait till iOS 5 is released and then buy a gevey pro compatible with it (if there is any) or take the phone to a shop and ask the guy to update the firmware and unlock it for me.

Which jailbreak apps do you have installed?

I doubt if you'll be able to update to iOS 5. Apple might fix the Gevey exploit in iOS 5. They tend to do that with new firmware version releases. The exploit has worked with all versions of iOS 4. But that might not be the case with iOS 5 as it will be a new build. You'll have to wait and see.

Which jailbreak apps do you have installed?

I doubt if you'll be able to update to iOS 5. Apple might fix the Gevey exploit in iOS 5. They tend to do that with new firmware version releases. The exploit has worked with all versions of iOS 4. But that might not be the case with iOS 5 as it will be a new build. You'll have to wait and see.

The exploit used by Gevey has already been fixed in iOS 5 beta versions.

The exploit used by Gevey has already been fixed in iOS 5 beta versions.

Thanks for the confirmation armman.

So all the iPhone users using a Gevey SIM for unlock will not BA able to upgrade to firmware higher than iOS 4.3.5. Unless Gevey or someone else comes up with another exploit.

Thanks for the confirmation armman.

So all the iPhone users using a Gevey SIM for unlock will not BA able to upgrade to firmware higher than iOS 4.3.5. Unless Gevey or someone else comes up with another exploit.

The Gevey explot may not work but wouldn't a software unlock be possible?

Back