IRCTC News & Updates

i have also been booking tickets on irctc since a long time and its much easier than going to the station and wait in the long queues.saying that, i face a lot of problems with their website. many times i get a message something like 'could retrieve information'. they need to improve on that. also they should provide a facility to cancel tickets online. for cancellation, one has to go to the station and that too there is only 1 queue where you can get an online ticket canceled.

i have tried two times to book tickets online.one time they told me that they do not book tickets past midnight till early morning.second time the site was so slow that it would now let me select the railway stations.

^^^yup, you cant book tickets after 11.30 pm...... neva woke b4 10 to book tickets, so dont know, about its opening time.

absolutely amazing. do they have people manually feeding enteries into their servers for online booking? do they serve booking pages manually?oye html file code kar. upload karnee hai display ke liye?

I think, the reason to have this time limit to book tickets, is to ensure, that online booking facility is available only when booking facilities at stations is available. Mebbe, the booking facility at stations is closed during 11 pm to __ am

^ that was earlier. now its 11 or 11.30 since quite some time.

You mean ticket counters are now open till 11:00?? Thats cool for me since most mumbai local stations seem to have reservation counters (at least Malad/Borivli have them).

i have also been booking tickets on irctc since a long time and its much easier than going to the station and wait in the long queues.
saying that, i face a lot of problems with their website. many times i get a message something like 'could retrieve information'. they need to improve on that. also they should provide a facility to cancel tickets online. for cancellation, one has to go to the station and that too there is only 1 queue where you can get an online ticket canceled.

You can cancel the e-ticket online... You have to do to the station only if u have booked an i-ticket.... The pnly risk is that if you are canceling only one of the tickets and the one you are canceling is of the person who is holding the identity proof, then you gotta cancel all the tickets...

And the site opens for booking at 8 AM.

Back