Is it worth migrating to Reliance Wireline Broadband? - A fed up Airtel Broadband user

• Thread starter Thread starter raj2007
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 276
  • Views Views 42,395
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like no reliance user from delhi is on the forum...

That is not true....

If your area/building is being serviced by Airtel, it's most likely that Reliance won't be able to. I have a suspicion that the major players have some kind of agreement between themselves on the division of areas in which each would operate. There's a building about a 100 feet away from mine which has a Tata connection yet when i had solicited one i was told that Tata could not provide it. Turned out to be a blessing too, quite happy with my staid 600 kbps Reliance connection.

not true everywhere... in my society, i have access to both airtel broadband and tata broadband in addition to local cable guy. at parents place, i have access to tata/reliance/airtel.

I still haven't made the switch to R BB because of the horror stories I have heard about their billing, CC and slow response time... sucks that I am stuck with airtel for the time being. Looks like no reliance user from delhi is on the forum...
customer care is really good .... i m using from last 3 years
i m happy with them ...... and no problem in billing tooo
all the company have some problem ...... :)

Yeah, of what i have heard about Airtel, Reliance is better than that for sure!!

That is not true....

Well then can you tell me how the service is when compared to Airtel?
Downtime, speed, CC, Billing etc....

Comparing with Airtel.......RIGHT NOW, THANKFULLY, FINGERS CROSSED, TOUCH WOOD.....whatever else......No FUPs.Downtime - Hardly any. U can say that if the Undersea wires get damaged, only then these people are down (But in that case, others are down as well!!) May be some faulty equipment at our end spoils the mood - the Pin i got to start with, had to be changed around 4-5 times. But yeah the Customer care guy was responsive. He had given me his direct no. so that when i need to replace the Pin only, i can call him up.Speed - somewhere between 80-100% of promised speeds. And on torrents, if u have a Reliance User, u get Bursts upto the theoretical speeds of the line, ie, 100 Mbps.......MIND U, THAT APPLIES ONLY IF U HAVE A RELIANCE WIRED LINE USER SEEDING FOR U!!Billing - U can pay online or i think by cheque.....i pay online only.CC - Well thats a grey area for all Service Providers. U have to be unlucky to have totally unresponsive CC. Else generally ur issue gets sorted out without ur Mercury rising beyond limits!! Else as i am having, u might even have a person who has good work ethics and would solve ur problem without u having to place complaints via phone. THAT THING NEEDS TO BE CHECKED BY U ONLY, IN UR AREA.

Great, thanks for the info Jaymin and Shashank but I was hoping for info from a user in Delhi...

How is the reliance wireline broadband service in delhi...should i take that and dump airtel...im gettin sick of FUP's thanks ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back