Is it worth upgrading to 4mbps or 8mbps on Airtel Broadband?

• Thread starter Thread starter karthik19
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 30
  • Views Views 10,391
i imagine pings would also depend upon the DNS servers you are using. :)

@uberjon, varunkrish : Exactly how long from the day of request, do they take to do the migration?

They took 4-5 days for me .

@uberjon, varunkrish : Exactly how long from the day of request, do they take to do the migration?
3 working days.

Man, 8mbps seems to be feasible in Chennai for everyone but me. :-(

The reason is for getting 8MBPS, you need to be in a distance of maximum 800 metres from the local exchance / DSLAM location ... and this depends on the area ... so this could very well be the reason.. earlier the radius limit for 8 MB was 600 mts, but now the range has increased to 800 .

If that be the case, they should install additional DSLAMs closer to my area. It'll also help them to expand their range in the neighbourhood.

Hi Balajik,they should be happy to do it if they can garner enough subscribers opting for the higher speed plan in your specific neighborhood radius for better or additional placement . No point talking to customer service line on this as they wont understand the local areas requirement and give you canned responses.. go via the nodal officer or the store manager in your nearest relationship center...

Back