Is TATA SKY transponder capacity exhausted?????

• Thread starter Thread starter Abhishekk
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 23
  • Views Views 7,927

Abhishekk

Regular
ISP
YOU Telecom
According to my conversation with Tata Sky nodal officer, TS have a very little space on its transponder, and its reserved for some popular channels which may be introduced in near future.I am told by an executive in writing that TS can carry only 150 LINEAR channels. I dont have much knowledge about wat is linear and wat??But on dish TV website, they have clearly mentioned that they can add upto 400 channels.Is this limitation only for Tata Sky???

Recently they signed a deal with ericssion to provide more channels. Currently as 12 TP's are full. And coming to Dish TV, they use DD Direct Plus signals from Insat 4B which is near to NSS-6 which Dish tv uses that is why they get more channels.

Recently they signed a deal with ericssion to provide more channels. Currently as 12 TP's are full. And coming to Dish TV, they use DD Direct Plus signals from Insat 4B which is near to NSS-6 which Dish tv uses that is why they get more channels.

Oh.. thanx for usefull info..... Will TS have a solution on this???

In 2011, ISRO is lanching new Satellite G SAT 10 which is also at 83 E along with TS INSAT 4A, so Tata Sky must lease 5-6 TP's from G SAT 10 thats one solution. If they do dis they can give more channels without aligning the dish :)

150 is the number given by Tata Sky when their service was launched about 4 years ago. That number is already exceeded. The logic was - with mpeg2, each transponder can carry 15 channels; but with mpeg4, each transponder can carry 30 channels. The new Ericsson algorithm is suppose to pack 20% more by better compression. So it works out 432 (12*30+72); of course some transponders have to be reserved as backup, carry non-tv information, housekeeping etc.). Of course, HD needs more bandwidth and this is to be accounted for. Even with existing channel load, TS was able to add 4 HD channels.

In 2011, ISRO is lanching new Satellite G SAT 10 which is also at 83 E along with TS INSAT 4A, so Tata Sky must lease 5-6 TP's from G SAT 10 thats one solution. If they do dis they can give more channels without aligning the dish :)

So we cant expect more new channels till 2011 :cry:

Well for a customer it doesnot matter from where they got the channels they have subscriber to Dishtv and they are getting those channels on their Dishtv.

Also i Think their won't andy Spce problem for Dishtv in adding new channels- Recently they added 5 new channels and 4 HD channels on their platform

---------- Post added at 10:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:35 AM ----------

So You mean to say their won't be any new channel till then on Tata Sky.....That's Bad news for all Tata Sky Subscribers.

Well for a customer it doesnot matter from where they got the channels they have subscriber to Dishtv and they are getting those channels on their Dishtv.

Also i Think their won't andy Spce problem for Dishtv in adding new channels- Recently they added 5 new channels and 4 HD channels on their platform

---------- Post added at 10:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:35 AM ----------

So You mean to say their won't be any new channel till then on Tata Sky.....That's Bad news for all Tata Sky Subscribers.

Get some life. Mt Dish TV fanboy. Do u know to intercept properly?/ I said they can lease the TP's in 2011 and I never said that they wont add channels till 2011.

---------- Post added at 02:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:52 PM ----------

So we cant expect more new channels till 2011 :cry:

Nothing like dat, I just gave one example. They can add

Tata Sky has 12 TP's is that the highest? How much TP's does dish tv have?

Yes Insat 4A has Max 12 KU band TP's

Dish TV is using 10 KU Band Tp's from NSS 6, however, they are getting DD Direct Plus signals too as NSS 6 is near to Insat 4B which is used by DD.

Back