• Thread starter Thread starter raj2007
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 2,943

raj2007

Chennai
ISP
AIRTEL
Im gonna apply for a BSNL broadband connection after this airtel fcuk up. I wanna know whether BB Home Combo UL 750 has a true unlimited without FUP.I want to hear from BSNL broadband users as wellThanks in advance

BSNL's BB Home Combo UL 750 plan has no FUP.It's true unlimited with 512 kbps speed.You may consider 'BB Home Combo ULD 1350'2 mbps upto 20 GB and 512 kbps after 20 GBBSNL will soon make it 4mbps upto 20 GB and 512 kbps after 20 GB.Cost is doubled so is the benefit.

BB Home Combo ULD 1350 plan is a complete waste to me. I may use that 20GB@2mbps in 2 days & the rest of the month i will be using 512kbps. I dont want to spend Rs.600 more just for 20 GB. I would fit in 512 kbps @ Rs.750

Using UL 750. No FUP, 512 Kbps unlimited. Getting 60 - 70 KBps on good servers.

Do they provide the modem for rental or i've to buy it for outright price....if so can i buy it outside

---------- Post added at 09:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 PM ----------

Could somebody tell me the total initial cost for taking this connection? It seems that the installation charges are waived off till the end of this month

Its 500 as deposit for Phone(Compulsory) plus deposit for plan charges(750 for you) and no installation charges at the moment. You can get type 1 wired router for 50/60 bucks rent/month and 80 bucks/month for wireless modem. You can also purchase Type1 for Rs.1100 and Type2 for Rs.1800

Do they provide the modem for rental or i've to buy it for outright price....if so can i buy it outside

I am using a wifi modem ( AR800V v3.0) from BSNL for Rs. 80 per month rent. A non wifi modem costs Rs. 50. If you plan an outright purchase, it costs Rs. 1,800 and Rs. 1,100 respectively.

It is not wise to get a 3rd party modem. If any complaint arises, BSNL will blame it on your modem and will not support or help you solve the issue even if it is not modem related.

I am using a wifi modem ( AR800V v3.0) from BSNL for Rs. 80 per month rent. A non wifi modem costs Rs. 50. If you plan an outright purchase, it costs Rs. 1,800 and Rs. 1,100 respectively.

It is not wise to get a 3rd party modem. If any complaint arises, BSNL will blame it on your modem and will not support or help you solve the issue even if it is not modem related.

I've been using Netgear DG834G for the last couple of years for this data plan with no issues with the modem whatsoever. However, BSNL technical support will cease to exist over third-party modems.

It would be reasonable only for those who have time and express interest on how to configure modems themselves.

I have practically stayed away from those supported modems as i know their after sales service is not good after all.

Back