Is there any solution to make internet auto switch to secondary ISP if one automatically down?

• Thread starter Thread starter Dravin
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 76
  • Views Views 6,521
I can't vouch for any online retailers, since I have never bought from them.
I have a partnership with fgtech, so they provide almost exclusively when it comes to Mikrotik.

If you are still looking for the failover thing, as previously stated, a TP-Link Archer A6 v3 with OpenWrt would still be the cheapest way to go.

On a sidenote, It's hard to find A6 v3 now, as both C6 and A6 have been upgraded to V4. You can still go with a C6U tho, same hardware as A6 and C6 V3 with a USB port.

@Lolita_Magnum thanks for suggesting fgtech talked to them and they are too good. For er605 problem they have arranged a callback from technical team tomorrow if not solved then will order RB750GR3. Also it would be easy to just setup failover na?
@Skeeter @HC1337 thank you for the input but I am very noob in all these networking things just have some basic knowledge I even dont know what is open wrt and how to run it / So I wont be able to do it on my own / if you guys have some idea of some websites that provide help in setting these things up It would be great help.

I can help you setup Failover(Multiwan) on A6v3 using OpenWRT.

With a connection like Jio, I'd suggest failover more than anything with Airtel as Primary. Other than that, everything else is up to you.

Currently I am not using Mwan3 but I have 2 WANs setup, one Alliance and another Reisnet, with different metrics, the switch is almost instantaneous going from PPPoE to static IP, not so much the other way around. It works for my case.

Back