Is there any solution to make internet auto switch to secondary ISP if one automatically down?

• Thread starter Thread starter Dravin
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 76
  • Views Views 6,521
@Rickysin I never felt a delay. I have tried manually switching off one ISP. Internet works smoothly.

@Lolita_Magnum ER605 has application optimized load balancing, so that only the applications which are open to all / any connection (P2P, Download managers etc.) can utilise this. But closed / established connections like payment pages, form submission use only one WAN. So far, I have not faced any issue.

@Lolita_Magnum @gmaster so which mode is more stable ? Load balancing or fallover ?

Lolita_Magnum bro is right about the possible issues regarding the connection integrity. The fact that I have not encountered an issue doesn't mean that nobody will ever encounter an issue in such cases. Though I believe that these issues are addressed in latest software upgrades and should not be bothersome.

@Rickysin it depends on your priority. If you just want backup then link backup option will suffice, though it will not be instant switch. In my case, I want full bandwidth of both ISPs as I am a heavy downloader. So I use load balancing.

guys I have made a mess @vishalrao @gmaster
connected airtel to primary and jio to backup but failover is not working switched off load balancing but on speed test its showing jio ip and basically its connected to jio CURRENTLY I have removed the jio lan cable from er605 . TRIED LINK BACKUP OPTION SET TO ONLY ENABLE WHEN PRIMARY WAN FAILS BUT TO NO EXTENT IT WORKS./
2ND PROBLEM
CURRENTLY WHEN ONLY AIRTEL IS THERE IN ER605 AND ONE LAN CABLE IS CONNECTED FROM SWITCH [ 8PORT ] TO MY IP CAMERA NVR ITS NOT WORKING BUT AS SOON AS I CONNECT MY IP CAMERA NVR TO MY AIRTEL ONT LAN IT IS BACK ONLINE/
ANY IDEA WHY ????
Source

Source

Source
@Lolita_Magnum

Show your system status page, masking your IP. Also, have you enabled ipv6?
From what you have mentioned, it appears that airtel is offline in your er605. That's why It's switching to jio.

@gmaster
no ipv6 is not enabled do i need to enable ipv6?
again as soon as I connected jio lan it switched back to jio

Last edited:
Did you enabled both load balancing and link backup option? If yes then this creates issue in this router. Delete the link backup rule. Restart the router. Create link backup rule afresh. Do not enable load balancing. If you want load balancing then do not create link backup rule.

PS - Product is not faulty, it's a software bug. Happened to me also.

@gmaster tried everything as you said point to point but to no use
Still MY INTERNET runs on Jio
also load balancing is not needed I switched it off during initial setup only
what should I do now?

Back