Is there any solution to make internet auto switch to secondary ISP if one automatically down?

• Thread starter Thread starter Dravin
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 76
  • Views Views 6,521
Finally have ordered ER605 on moglix.com for 3500 whereas Amazon is selling it for 6500 .
As I am quite naive in all these things and as @Lolita_Magnum said I am only looking for failover so have gone with er605
thanks everyone for replying will update again when I receive it.
Still one question remains My Primary ISP would be Airtel So what changes should I make in Deco mesh once i connect it with lan port of ER605 ?
Also Should I connect [my deco mesh with ER605] with DHCP or PPPoE [ my Nokia ont by airtel has lan port 4 enabled for bridge mode]

@gmaster @JB701
[USER=110]@vishalrao
@vishalrao you can guide me I also have deco xe75 plus 6 other decos

Please

Last edited:
@anmolbhard004 just double check Moglix may be selling older v1 hardware when v2 is available for slightly more from clarion computers. But not important difference.

I have connected a TP-Link 8 port smart switch to the er605 and connect all my tplink mesh in AP mode to the switch as wired backhaul.

I have set pppoe configuration in the er605 wan section.

@anmolbhard004 note the older v1 hardware doesn't have a USB port in the front check the Moglix pic?

The v2 has USB port for 4G dongle support BUT unlike the v1 which can handle up to 4 wan the v2 can only handle up to 3 wan.

Also I have both v1 and v2 and they're pretty much the same UI configuration etc and I only noticed that v2 performance just a little bit better delay when switching to different connection if in fail over mode.

Feel free to ask your questions here itself so anyone can help or see the responses etc instead of trying 1 to 1 chat on telegram.

After you get your er605 the setup should be easy mostly.

will not accept the parcel from Moglix as it was already cod and I cant cancel it as it has shipped talked to their cc and they were themselves confused . Now ordering from itonlinestore as it was shared earlier in this thread they are selling for same price and its v2 . thanks for pointing it out.
Source

@anmolbhard004 how much time it takes in case of failover to resume internet connection ?

also in case of load balancing what happens when one internet gets down and other is still up ?

@Rickysin if you choose just link backup option it takes a couple of minutes to detect that one of the WANs has gone offline. But if you choose load balancing option then two links are always available, so no need to turn on link backup option. It automatically functions as a backup.

@gmaster How much time does load balancing take to get the internet up in following case :

line 1: airtel
line 2 : jio

I selected load balancing option, now airtel went down and load balancer assigned airtel to phone that i was using. Now that internet is not working on airtel, so how much time will it take for load balancer to transfer my phone to jio internet ?

Don't bother with Load Balancing, unless you have a lot of heavy bandwidth consumption users.

You'd be more prone to issues with websites like payment gateway, where they take TLS integrity too seriously.

Same thing applies, if you rely more on SSH and or do online gaming.

Back