Is there any solution to make internet auto switch to secondary ISP if one automatically down?

• Thread starter Thread starter Dravin
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 76
  • Views Views 6,521
@Dravin planning to buy TP-Link gigabit load balancer 3 question for you
1. How’s s the long term review working fine?
2. airtel would be primary for me and jio secondary so tell me one thing any configuration I need to change or just plug and play?
3.after connecting both ISP I would be connecting one lan port to my Deco mesh so any changesI would need to make in that [in deco mesh settings] and the other lan port to a gigabit switch.
@Lolita_Magnum @pachabhut anyone?
my airtel is 200 mbps and jio is 150

@anmolbhard004 It's very stable and effective. Primary and Secondary choice for ISP is totally dependent on the stability and reliability of the ISP in your area.

For your use case, even the Rb750Gr3 is good.
RouterOS has a learning curve, hence, not recommended if you are not interested in networking.
Else, if you want something with wireless capability, then HaP AC2/AC3/AX2/AX3 are good too.

I am using RB5009UG+S+IN.

TP-Link ER605 recommended by Dravin is very user-friendly and is a good option. i.e., if you are only looking for load-balancing/failover.
Else, any old moldy router with MT7621A SoC and OpenWrt with hardware offloading can easily route up to 1Gbps.

Last edited:
I have TP-Link er605 and very happy with it, yes it's quite user friendly too.

You can opt for PFsense, Sophos XG home edition, or OPNsense to set up load balancing. With these solutions, you have the capability to merge the speeds of two ISPs. For instance, if you have multiple connections for downloading (utilizing download managers) or if you conduct a speed test, you'll notice that the total speed you're experiencing is a combination of both your ISPs. Personally, I'm using my old laptop running the Proxmox virtual platform, and within it, I've configured PFsense. I find this to be a more suitable and secure solution.

Back