Issues while booting up the modem

• Thread starter Thread starter pkumar27
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 1,826

pkumar27

ISP
Airtel
Hi, I am using Airtel BB, 384kbps UL. 220BX ADSL2+ Beetel Modem connected to a Netgear Router from which I access internet via wireless. My problem is that after load shedding when the power is up again for router and modem, there is no Internet access on its own. The data light also does not light up in the modem. By hit and trial I have stumbled upon the following steps to make it work again -- Directly attach the modem to laptop- Switch off Modem- Power on Modem- After 2 minutes, disable LAN for laptop- Enable LAN- 70% time it works by this time, so I connect modem to Wireless Router now- Else repeat the process I must be doing something wrong. Is this the normal way for rebooting the router. It cannot be so painful.Thanks.

I have the same setup as you...beetel >>> Netgear >>> wirless & wiredand i can tell u one thing....the modem data light is never on...unless there is a data transfer.....Whenever the beetel modem is run in bridge mode the data light is never on unless during data transfer over internet.:cool2:Till the time the internet light on your netgear glows green things should be fine.... if ur setup is modem >>> netgear >>> PC you shud not be worried about modem data light..... just worry about netgear data light.

After 2 minutes, disable LAN for laptop
- Enable LAN
- 70% time it works by this time, so I connect modem to Wireless Router now
When power failure occurs, do you see
the ICON wireless Network in TaskBar.?
showing available SS speed , excellent etc ?
If so, open Wireless Network Connection
and select Status option.
If No IP or gateway is shown Click "REPAIR"
REPAIR option , is releasing /renewing the IP address.
( Check in TCP/IP properties. Before and After )

Which static IP are u saying? on the computer or Netgear router? when beetel runs on bridge mode the DHCP becomes inactive on it. :o

TRY in TCP/IP properties: Obtain IP address automatically.(Network/LAN/Wireless connection/Properties/TCP/IP properties.)In TaskBar the Icon will show wireless connection is connected with speed and signal strength., but still no connection. Modem may not require any change as well as the WiFI router.IN Beetel 220BX do you have Client TR-069 option ?Is it enabled?See under maintenance.For the past three months my identical setup, no Changes were needed at any time. ( also using for Vonage VOIP). Modem is PPPoE "Always On " DHCP enabled.

when beetel runs on bridge mode the DHCP becomes inactive on it.

really?? is that a bug .. cause DHCP should work in bridged mode as well..

Back