Jio AirFiber Dual WAN success!

• Thread starter Thread starter IfranAli
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 19
  • Views Views 1,340
ISP
Reliance Jio
Bharti Airtel
I managed to successfully create a Dual Link WAN operation and getting the speeds as it should be!
Primary WAN: 30Mb/s JioAirFiber Plan 30.5 Down/Up (Over 5GHz Wi-Fi 6)
Secondary WAN: 1Gb/s JioFiber Plan, 500 Down/300 Up (Over 5GHz Wi-Fi 6)
Combined: Secondary WAN 90% : Primary WAN 10%, 525 Down/ 295 Up (Fluctuates over Wi-Fi, A LOT)

UPDATE: Hate to say it, but the Dual WAN is just NOT good, keeps on falling back to my JioFiber connection, making the device offline in MyJio app. They should have added a failover option instead of balancing it up! Really disappointed in JioAirFiber. Will talk with my Airtel guys and book myself an Airtel Air Fiber instead, after 3 months of use of this crap!

OiS4I0x.webp
rNzB84j.webp

Last edited by a moderator:
Shouldn't it be 5% and 95%?

@IfranAli there's no option to change BW on Jio IDU? I remember seeing 160MHz in initial days of Airfiber

Nope, completely locked down. New firmware versions simply just lock down all essentials.

vxbzxFW.webp

Last edited by a moderator:
@RKhan21 Also, isn't it just false advertising anyways? They literally said IN THE BOX, DUAL WAN and 160MHz BW support. But YOU have to dig through the firmware TO GET those to work...

@IfranAli yeah they like to do that a lot. I think they should allow 160MHz channel BW by default otherwise no point having that IDU. Airtel also doing same thing providing 160MHz capable ONT/router but even when selecting 160MHz option in settings it stays on 80MHz only

Yeah. Imagine advertising such glorious "5G Hotspot" as "AirFiber", while locking down both the ODU and the IDU into oblivion and not allowing the user to change anything!

Back