Jio AirFiber Dual WAN success!

• Thread starter Thread starter IfranAli
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 19
  • Views Views 1,340
Locking certain things like not allowed to use with other ISPs is fine. But locking everything is including basic features like turning off WiFi is frustrating

True, they even combined the frickin 2.4 and 5GHz Bands and didn't even provide with an option. Looks like Airtel is the best in terms of user friendliness, as what I have seen...

@mayankgird From what I have seen, it uses the one with the best speed. Failover not supported on this one.

Hi @IfranAli, thanks for the deep dives. I managed to load the Dual Wan page, but it doesn't show any slider even after I activate it, and restart the router. My other Wan is a BSNL fiber, if I understand correctly it only shows up if the other connection is a Jio Fiber connection?

@Astomee It should technically work if your BSNL has native IPv6 support with Public IPv6.
As for the Dual WAN, enable the Dual WAN first, it will reboot the IDU. After rebooting, login again and head to the Dual WAN page and then only you can slide the slider.

Hi @IfranAli, thank you for the suggestion. I did manage to enable the IPv6 settings in the BSNL router, and it says its up, but when I test it on public facing IPv6 sites they don't load on BSNL, while they do on Jio. I tested the dual Wan after changing the settings & rebooting but no luck, the slider doesn't appear.

I am attaching a grab from the BSNL router, you think that could be issue?

cC4e5aR.jpg

@Astomee Your BSNL IPv6 addresses looks like it doesn't support Public IPv6. Jio has RADVD to handle local IPv6 address delegation to your devices. I will say, the Dual WAN feature is trash and useless at best. So get a Load Balancer and get 3 in 1 benefits.

Back