Jio Airfiber outdoor unit (CPE) connected to Openwrt instead of Jio Router

• Thread starter Thread starter adinetech
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 35
  • Views Views 5,844
@adinetech I believe I added a screenshot of the interface configuration. You may have to disable the automatic interface, and create one manually. In that you can define the NAT64 prefix (the auto detection fails for Jio for some reason).

I don't use that setup anymore, so I don't have the configuration files handy.

Yeah, so I did all those. Now I directly connected the ODU to my Macbook Air M1 and still no internet with the IPv6 (maybe, this would be the reason 464XLAT never worked) and somehow I figured out the ODU's UI, but not sure of the login details (looking for it).

Code:
en6: flags=8863<UP,BROADCAST,SMART,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> mtu 1500
    options=6464<VLAN_MTU,TSO4,TSO6,CHANNEL_IO,PARTIAL_CSUM,ZEROINVERT_CSUM>
    ether d0:37:45:be:40:__
    inet6 fe80::857:3dc0:8893:8bf3%en6 prefixlen 64 secured scopeid 0x16 
    inet6 2409:40f4:1127:528:24e6:4ad9:2f22:____ prefixlen 64 
    nd6 options=201<PERFORMNUD,DAD>
    media: autoselect (10baseT/UTP <full-duplex>)

So even with the IPv6 address assigned, you are unable to ping an IPv6 endpoint? I am wondering if they are doing some sort of Mac whitelisting of the IDU.

Also, even when you connected to the OpenWRT device, you were unable to reach any IPv6 endpoint directly from OpenWRT?

Somehow! I logged in to the Jio's ODU (Default login creditential is Admin (username) and Jiocentrum (password) and I guess, it has to be set to either Route or Bridge instead of EoGRE.

e9yer9j.png

@adinetech If you have the budget to spend 20k or so on a 5G CPE, it works great with Jio sim. I am using that, and currently I only pay for the basic plan Rs 395 for 84 days, and I get unlimited 5G. Speeds about 300-600 Mbps.

Not sure how long unlimited 5G would last, but until then you'd save some money. AirFiber is 899 + tax for 100 Mbps so around Rs 1060 per month. whereas with this monthly expense is only around Rs 140 plus you get higher speeds.

I currently have BSNL Fiber with 150 Mbps plan, as the download speed is just like an tortoise in the morning (it's fine after 11:30 PM to around 8:30 AM), so would downgrade that to 100 Mbps this month, bringing the cost down to around 760 RS (inc tax) and then would downgrade this Jio Airfiber to 30 Mbps so that would be almost 1.4k a month in total.

Higher speeds isn't my priority, I need "usable" internet as backup, Vi seem to provide 800 GB a year for 3k INR but I heard they'll block it (if I don't use it for calls atleast 50 Mins a month and the internet usage was over 150 GB in a month).

Back