Jio Airfiber outdoor unit (CPE) connected to Openwrt instead of Jio Router

• Thread starter Thread starter adinetech
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 35
  • Views Views 5,844
@adinetech Yeah, a decent outdoor 5G CPE will come to that price when you consider shipping + customs. You might be able to score a deal on eBay at times, if you have someone who'd be able to bring the device in person. Intl Shipping + Customs will push the price up.

As long as the unlimited 5G offer is going on, just use that, ie recharge for Rs 395 for 84 days and use it without limits. I've not pushed it much, but I just checked my usage for last 35 days or so, and its about 115 GB. Mostly just remains a backup link for me (the current usage is mostly speed tests and 2-3 days when my primary BSNL was not working so well)

That's cheap! Do you have any idea how much the customs would cost? I remember I paid 35$+ for a small product from china because they included the shipping charges as the product charges. Issues with declaration.

The duty for a personal import is 42% of the assessed value, usually for such imports the declared value is put bit less, so you maybe able to get by with 2000 Rs or so.

You can check with the seller the mode of shipment, if its through courier (might be Aramex as its popular in the middle east), there would be an additional Rs 500 or so as clearance charges, but its fully trackable unlike through normal airmail/post.

can we connect a secondary access point to jio Airfiber?

Back