Kevin Pietersen forced to retire

• Thread starter Thread starter mhsabir
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 94
  • Views Views 12,950
So. I read this rumor again that BCCI has given him an option to migrate to India and play for India in the next World Cup.

chromaniac said:
So. I read this rumor again that BCCI has given him an option to migrate to India and play for India in the next World Cup.
Arrey bhai all those are jokes. Never gonna happen. Not possible!

AbhishekS said:
Arrey bhai all those are jokes. Never gonna happen. Not possible!
Why? BCCI has a constitution that require the player to be born in India to be eligible to be part of the Indian Cricket Team? Even if they do have such a policy, it's BCCI. Nothing is written in stone. Anything and everything can be changed.

First.. He will have live here most of the time and play in domestic cricket and wait for 3-4 years or something. Secondly, why would like to play for India when he can make much more money playing for all T20 leagues and be free from any contracts and obligations.
By the way, the earlier joke was with Pakistan. I am pretty sure I posted the link somewhere in this thread before.. Let me pull it up.

Isn't he already playing in the IPL? It makes perfect sense for him to just migrate to India :D

mhsabir said:
chromaniac said:
Isn't he already playing in the IPL? It makes perfect sense for him to just migrate to India :D
There are 3-4 more leagues now. And I am pretty sure he no longer cares for T20Is. Tests, well maybe, but by the time he is even eligible he would be like 37-38 and because of overdose of T20 would no longer be so keen.
But its pretty funny when people come up with these things.
As far as BCCI goes. It would be very easy to make IPL the new international cricket. And then everything will be immaterial. All will play hard for their countries to get a chance to play at the highest level, the IPL....

Wait a minute, is that not what is happening now :Boy Think:

so it is mandatory for cricketers to play for a specific number of years in the local leagues before they can play for the national team in india?

Back