Kevin Pietersen forced to retire

• Thread starter Thread starter mhsabir
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 94
  • Views Views 12,950
lol. had no idea. but then, this rule cannot stop BCCI from doing what they want to do :D

4 years from the time he represented another Full member...

Like I said... BCCI can easily do a Kerry Packer....But I guess they have joined to form the trio (incl Eng Aus) and have already changed the rules for sharing of wealth.

And... he might come back

Kevin Pietersen secures IPL release | Cricket | ESPN Cricinfo

Kevin Pietersen's attempt to regain his England place has been confirmed as deadly serious by his announcement that he has negotiated his release from the group stages of the IPL to try to stage a dramatic international comeback.

Sunrisers Hyderabad have agreed to release Pietersen for the entire first phase of the 2015 IPL, although they will have the right to recall him for the final week - should they so wish - if they reach the knockout stages of the competition.

I have no doubt that he would have fit fine in Pakistan

Referencing an old page 2 spoof article

Imran Yusuf: Kevin Pietersen signs for Pakistan | Page 2 | ESPN Cricinfo

KP was anyways never as good like Gayle and he never set stadium on fire. Good for him and England if he returns.

I see it difficult for him to fit in team, especially with Cook around. Unless the new management decides they have enough of him, revamp the team with ? as new captain, don't see him returning.

The 29 runs that Kevin Pietersen added to his overnight score against Leicestershire, to end on a magisterial and undefeated 355, could be the last he ever scores in first-class cricket. Pietersen will fly out to India on Friday, to fulfill his obligations for Sunrisers Hyderabad in the latter stages of the IPL, after Andrew Strauss confirmed that the batsman did not figure in England's plans.

Having been told to go back to county cricket and score runs by the incoming ECB chairman, Colin Graves, two months ago, Pietersen will feel "let down in the way he's been treated", according to Alec Stewart, Surrey's director of cricket. "He's given up a £250,000 contract to play in the IPL, he's done what's been asked of him and now unfortunately from Kevin's point of view the door has been shut," Stewart said.

Back