Latency Issues

• Thread starter Thread starter Neel Salvi
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 20
  • Views Views 3,921
ISP
MTNL
I have a MTNL DNA-A212 router with 1mbps unlimited plan on mtnl. My problem is that i have a huge latency issue in Dota 2 where i get upto 200ms latency. My friend on the other hand lives a few 100 meters from me uses a diffrent router but with same plan gets 90~ms.I want to kanow if i can chage thing on my side to improve the ping.

Also i bought a D-Link Dsl-2730U but dont use it becasue the latency i get on DNA-a212 is much better that that on dlinlk . Can this be fixed??

Dota won't need ultra low pings....Do you lag/teleport while playing? If no, then just enjoy your game without thinking about pings ;)

119.188.89.32 Its a chinese server i am using a VPN to reduce ping my friend is using the same vpn and still we have a latency diffrence of nearly 100ms

Neel Salvi said:
Dota 2 is just 1 example,
there are game which need good ping and that problem ruines my experience
Gaming ≠ India. Period.
Even I have problems connecting to German servers and even if I connect and play, the lowest ping I play at is 250ms and that's talking about first person shooter :(
You may get a 10 mbit truly unlimited plans in India someday but latency and other quality related stuff will take years to improve. These fcking telco as*****s

Damn, around 400ms. Bad stuff. But then, I'm not sure if any ISP here has direct connectivity to China.

I don't know what is wrong with China. Any, ANY Chinese server I try to connect for ANY game, the pings are way above 400. Even if China is so close to us, ping are just....
I guess it has something to do with the great firewall of China.
I would suggest to play on Singapore servers or even UK or German servers would give you decent pings.

Back