Legal Case against Sify Broadband

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 18
  • Views Views 2,029
Mr Bhinder, this is just going to go in Consumer court and not any other court, so according to layman's standard, it's ok. And need not comply with any specific format or standards[/b]

well wish you good luck.. i don't know much about the law so you probably know much more than me.. but one point i was making is that why not push for compliance with the term broadband as per trai's recommendations as against the removal of the term broadband ? i mean can't you get them to offer higher speeds? :P just kidding .. that's wishful thinking.. keep upthe good work!

i think he is suing to get back the money he wasted proving he did not get what sify promised him. that would include the installation costings, regular charges. and yes the reliance bills for the time he had to surf with Sify down.i doubt he even cares abt sify being providing us broadband. he does not need to. he has moved on to hathway and seems to be relatively happy. :)

I am asking for suggestions and never said, I won't write anything in favour of existing users....The relief statement changed to the following:=> SIFY should either provide customers with a minimum of 256 Kbps speed to comply with the definition of BroadBand laid down by Telephone Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) or remove the word “Broadband” from their service name.

now if you can get sify to do that then well... that's gr8.. but this sound like a hard fought legal battle.. i mean getting sify to refund the charges may be easy but getting them to drop the term broadband or comply with the trai recommendations could be very hard.. does the consumer court even have enuf jurisdiction to make sify do that? :unsure: sorry if that was a silly question .. as you can see i know nothing abt the law.. :P

well it is definitely not a law. and i have seen indian courts to be very mean with punitive damages. so there is little hope for much. but something needs to be done. and it is a small step!

Consumer Court's jurisdiction is monetary.I think, Consumer Court can order anything except that it can't cross the monetary limit.What I have tried is... to take each and every point against SIFY, however big and small it may be. More the points, more SIFY will be troubled, as they will be required to explain each and every point.

Non-Disclosure of the condition that after the download of 700 MB of data, the speed will be reduced to 14 KBps.Its actually 24Kbps i think ...Good luck with your case. BTW remove the point about antivirus as that is not compulsory anymore.

Originally posted by ujjwal@Nov 16 2004, 01:12 PM
Non-Disclosure of the condition that after the download of 700 MB of data, the speed will be reduced to 14 KBps.

Its actually 24Kbps i think ...

Good luck with your case.  BTW remove the point about antivirus as that is not compulsory anymore.
[snapback]2240[/snapback]
[/quote]

It was 14-15 Kbps, as MacAfee speedometer showed to me and also the '14 Kbps' was communicated to me by Local Cable Operator. So have to stick to it.

I have already finalized the case. Though I will look into, what can be done reg Anti-virus issue.

In any case, it will be worth mentioning, as they have surely troubled customers for more than a month.

Back