Linksys Wag200g configuration

dark_horizon

Regulars
ISP
MTNL 849 NU
Hey guys, i finally got my mtnl connection today.

I use a Linksys wag200g adsl wireless router to connect....

now while running the setup cd, i have encountered the following error....

http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/4863/123444pc3.jpg

plzz help

Also my setup is like, i use the line from the wall jack directly into the router. In the other room, i have my phone connected from the other wall jack.
Now, when i make a call from the phone, my internet gets disconnected. The same happens when i receive a call. I have to power off and on the router to restart the net.

Also, when i talk on the phone, the disturbance is too high in the form of a hissing sound. Any solutions to this ?

Plzz help.

you need to insert a splitter between the wall jack and the modem.. and try connecting all other telephones after the splitter.. this will reduce the disconnection.. also please go to the command prompt(Start->Run and type cmd) and type ipconfig and post output here(screenshot would do)

have you connected your Linksys to your pc via LAN?Your wireless is not connected, so you could try connecting your linksys to your pc wirelessly.. you first need to be connected to the linksys somehow for you to proceed with the cd

once you are connected via LAN you need to either renew your ip you will find that under connection properties.. or disable and enable Local Area Connection or just Reboot your pc for you to get an ip from Linksys

Ok, now i have moved ahead from that problem..... and landed on a new one....

i now have chosen obtain an ip address automatically.......earlier there was ip and subnet mask given by mtnl people......

here is the new problem screenshot.....this thing stays for 5 mins and then i get the message - Connection to internet failed. Please contact ISP:cry:

http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/39/probimg3pv1.jpg

Open Network/ LAN properties TCP/IP properties.On the top your lan card details "configure"Check enabled or not. Try. Repost screenshot ipconfig/all info here. Phone line ADSL splitter ( special type) phone port RJ11 all phones.......................................................ADSL port ===Rj11 to modem router.

i don't have a splitter right now....... can you advise me which one to buy ?should i post screenshot of lan card properties or my wireless network connection properties....?I am already able to connect via lan...... not able to connect via wireless !!

ensure that your mtnl modem is switched off when you are trying to connect through Linksys.. ensure that wireless is enabled to connect via wireless.. are you able to see your wifi network?

Back