Looking for an Economical Compaq Presario PC with Windows XP or any Branded PC with Windows XP

• Thread starter Thread starter GABRIEL36
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 26
  • Views Views 6,908
well yeah. if you cant find an XP machine, try to find a machine with linux or no OS. and install XP on it. i have been using vista since october last year. it has been fine.

Ofcouse, almost any OS can be installed, its too easy, if you have the time, you can do it by yourself.

Once again, Dell comes too close.

There is the option to get XP instead of Vista, for no extra price.

This costs 25000, with shipping.

http://dellstoreroa01.sg.dell.com/public/cart/configurator.jsp?prd_id=42608&sr_no=1

Choose Windows XP Home in the options.

It comes with 1GB RAM And 160GB HDD.

Have a look at these.

Compaq Presario Desktop PC's within your budget.

The site says that the Operating System installed is FreeDOS. You can get your friend to remove it and install XP later. Better than buying a PC with Vista and then removing it (coz you would be paying a LOT for Vista).

You wouldn't find it easy to find branded PC's with XP pre-installed these days.

Stay away from HCL....go for Compaq.................its way betterGet a free DOS Compaq PC and then install Windows XP over it

Stay away from HCL....go for Compaq.................its way better
Get a free DOS Compaq PC and then install Windows XP over it

Dear Boygr8,

Greetings. I have not been active on the Forum for quite some time.

Could u please tell me what I have to do to install Windows XP as the Operating System on a Branded PC already preinstalled with FreeDOS.

PLEASE HELP.

Where do i get Windows - XP as the OS to install ??

Is it available as a Free Download on the Internet ??

Please Help you can email me privately if you like with regard to this issue.

Regards,

GABRIEL 36.

Back