Looking for suggestions for smartphone to buy under Rs. 20,000

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 23
  • Views Views 3,447
I have OP3 and my few observations in case some one is still considering purchasing it:

1. Screen sucks.
- I had iPhone and Mi4 before I purchased OP3 and screen on OP3 sucks when compared to other phones I had. Further as the screen is curved you may not find tempered glass protector for the screen.

2. Battery is average.
- My Mi4 used to give me (almost) 2 days of backup with my usage with same usage pattern OP3 barely makes it to the end of day.
- Battery charges very slowly with my USB plugged in to USB outlet of my car, I checked with Ampere and the phone was charging at 160milliamps. I do not have a reference point to compare it with Mi4 but it never felt this slow and therefore I never noticed earlier.

3. Accessories are expensive
- Dash charging is proprietary to Oppo/OP and therefore no third party accessories are available and original accessories are shit expensive.
- Original accessories are mostly out of stock but with launch of OP store things have improved.

4. Camera Bump
- Camera protrudes significantly from the body, I have a TPU case installed and camera is still exposed.

5. Camera Quality
- Quality of still photos is less than the quality of images I got with my other phones.

6. Iffy Software policies
- Be Warned: Despite Acknowledging the Issue, OnePlus is still Leaking your IMEI when you Check for Updates
- OnePlus Care - by Servify is required to claim the one free screen replacement OP provide and therefore you can not simply wipe the data before giving it to service center for couple of days (I have read on OP forums that claims were denied for this reason)

Please note that no phone is perfect and OP3 is no different but it has nuisances which if I would have liked to avoid and I have read they have improved Battery and Camera in 3T.

TL;DR
Am I satisfied with my phone? Yes
Will I recommend? No

Upvote 0

Back